document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Wednesday, June 10, 2020

BACK IN THE SADDLE


That is --
back to sewing--
and it has felt so good to be back at it--

So --
let's see--
what have I been doing since Monday--

First I decided to make 2 new mask--and used this design this time--
and I added the interface lining in each one--
I am really 'concerned' about COVID 19 --
and I just am not ready to 'let it all go back to the old normal"
here in Fl our counts go UP each and every day--over the week end--
they said the count was over 1,000 new cases a day--
and that's the ones they tested!!!

Then, as I had gotten all the hand quilting done on the Easter quilt--
I got the binding sewed on it--

So part one of my OMG challenge is already done-
and today I did figure out how I wanted to finish the Christmas top
with the one set of hand piecing blocks and got the rest of that cut out
and marked so that will be my hand work for awhile--
and for the heart quilt top--
just got an email that the fabric order with all the pink solids just shipped--
so OMG is moving right along!!!

Then I finally got to play with these fabrics--
that I had waited and waited to come in--

This collection is called--Singing in the rain-
and is what they are using for the Silver lining SAL--
I did look for a different line--
but this one has all my colors in it--
and I have to say--it is the first fat quarter bundle of this size that I have 
ever bought--
and here is some results from this line--
The first '5' blocks are now done--
and I am all caught up--
(some of the prints have boots on them and some have umbrellas--
cute!!!!)

And now here is a story for you from my past--

Do any of you know the name Ginny Thompson???
She is considered the 'First Lady of Counted Cross Stitching'--
(she has passed away in  Dec of 2010--)
But back before I moved to Florida the first time in 1988--
I was in to counted cross stitching and I knew of her--
and that she had a cross stitch shop on Pawley's Island in SC--
so on the trip down here with my son we took a detour and when to
Pawley's Island--though we discovered she has moved her shop to the mainland--
where we located it and went in--
I bought a couple things there--
and one of them was the little minty green, piece of cloth in the above photo--
and I have had that piece since--
looked at it many times--always wondering what I could stitch on it-
and then I found this saying with a cat, bird and a butterfly
and it fit nicely--
so after '32' years--it has now been cross stitched on--
(hope it doesn't take me that long to finish it into something!!!!)

Ok--I am on the new blogger--as the old blogger would not let me up load my 
photos today--so another change has happened--something new to learn!!

PLEASE CONTINUE TO BE SAFE--THINK BEFORE YOU GO OUT--
LUV, DI

6 comments:

Joy McD said...

Just love your Easter quilt Di! And your new fabrics...soo pretty! xx

Carol said...

Continue to stay safe, Di. Your last message, "Think Before You Go OUt", is very true. Just yesterday I left the house and got in the car and hubby asked if I had brought my mask! I forgot to grab it on my way out. Thanks for the reminder!

I love all your projects. You certainly keep busy!

HUGS!

Linda in Calif. said...

Isn't that little "Think happy thoughts" just the cutest? Love the fabric. I don't know what to say about the 32 years other than you are not the only one I'm sure. As for me, my longest project took 20 years - so I guess you win. Your's was totally worth the wait. :-)

Deb A said...

Love the quilt and what a great cross stitch! I made a mask this morning for hubby to wear to work. I really need to make a couple more for me so I always have one in the car for shopping. 1700 new cases the last 2 days in florida! I am hoping in 2-3 weeks hospitals are low volume. Stay safe.

Kate said...

Very fun masks. I've been AWOL from the computer this week, so massively behind on email and blog reading. Congrats on the finish and the beautiful stitching. Stay well!

sunny said...

Your Easter quilt is sew cute! And that fat quarter bundle...yummy! I've been working so hard to finish old projects, but sometimes a girl just need a new bundle of fabric. I'm glad you're staying in and safe, as difficult as it seems.