document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Sunday, June 7, 2020

CATCH-UP SUNDAY

I know  you are all 'chomping at the bit' to know how my week went--
you, know the week I took off from sewing--
and turned my 'plain Jane' apartment into one of silk and gold!!!

I must say the week went really fast--too fast--
for such a small apartment--
there was alot to do--
and--I am not done--more on that later--
for now--
here is the piece I am most excited about--
Here is what it looks like now--
I seen the quilts piled up in a shelf unit and thought it might look neat
that way in my Secretary--and it does--
it is much much prettier in real life--
and yes I do have a small string of lights on that bottom shelf with a garland of white pip berries!

and I am so happy with this area now-

I finally have a nice place to show off my tea cup and saucers--
and I added the two little black shelves above them for the tea cups that don't have saucers!!
the small picture of the donuts--is crewel embroidery that my Mom stitched many years ago--
it is really the wrong color--but I always have to have hung near my cups !
and here is my desk area behind the old microwave cart where the tea cups are on--
and yes that is a counted cross stitch piece in the back--
this is where I sit and do the counted cross stitch--usually mornings after I eat my breakfast here!

In the kitchen--
I got me a new curtain--I had made 2 for here and did not like either one--
but love this blue rooster one--my other colors in here are the aqua and red--
the red is mostly here on the top of the refrigerator--
and here is the wall next to the refrigerator--
I did that Chicken counted cross stitch a few years ago--
and it took me years to actually finish it--!!
I might change the border fabric on it--???

I kinda think of this wall space as being part of my sewing room--
on that stand is project boxes of things in process--and the sewing table is from that
stand out--
the wall items are what is new--
the rest of bedroom-(bed is next to this stand)
is not done yet--I am waiting on a new bed cover first!!

this is the dinning room area-in front of the big window over the air conditioner--
and those sheer curtains now cover a dark brown folding screen (my bedroom and the
table that holds my sewing machine are behind this screen--
the round table is one that my daughter had on her screen porch--it has a glass top--
if I was rich, I would send the table out to be painted black!!
in the basket on the table is a real live plant!!!!

more plants are in these containers and baskets--
that edge of the stand you see, is where my TV sits and all my computer equipment--!
this area is not finished yet--I have valances to put at the windows--waiting on a bracket,
for the rod yet, and then help to put it up!!

and this wall is now my 'friends' wall--
nearly everything hanging on this wall area was a gift from a friend--
and this is the new area where I cut and press!!
the clip board is for this--
all the directions for cutting--
and there is a lot of pages on this board right now--
as I am behind in several projects between the decorating and waiting on the right
fabrics to come in the mail--

I did get out all my pinks--
and discovered that I really have '3' color groups of them--




So I will probably do '2'  sets of these--
as I did not do the second green colors last month--
and we will see if I do that brighter set on the right side?/?

and the hearts continue--
wanted you to see the ones with the blue backgrounds and the white hearts--

this is the embroider project that I will be working on later this afternoon--
if there is a race on--worried about the weather for it --
as it is Georgia today--
I am down to the flowers now--
and it is hard to see here--
but I made 'lacy' curtains in white for the window!!!

Well--I need to get to work--
hope I didn't put anyone to sleep reading this today!!!!!

PLEASE CONTINUE TO BE SAFE--'IT'S STILL OUT THERE--AND THE COUNTS KEEP GOING UP--AT LEAST HERE IN FLORIDA!!!
LUV, DI
now here is some decorating!!!!!


6 comments:

Carol said...

wow, Di, you have been BUSY! Your place looks sooo inviting! I love seeing all your creations displayed. :-) And I feel honored that one of my gifts to you is on display too! :-)

Stay safe! Glad you missed Cristobal!

CathieJ said...

Wow, you got a whole lot done in one short week. I love all of your wall arrangements. I especially like you teacup displays. I am trying to put an arrangement of items around my TV and just can't get started. I think you have inspired me to try to get it done this week. I do like those brighter pink fabrics...especially the bicycles. Love that window embroidery too. Stay safe!

Maria said...

You have been very busy organising your beautiful home.. looks fabulous. I spy the Kitchen wall hanging I sent to you ?????
Nice pile of pinks there and the group of pretty blue hearts is growing..

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What fun to be invited inside to see how you've arranged things in your new home. I am looking close up at the things on the shelves. You've even made me wonder if I can find a shelf to fold some quilts. I love the way they look. The tea cups are pretty, love your friends wall AND that cute curtain! It's fun to play with our treasures and get everything out to enjoy! Hugs!

The Joyful Quilter said...

You were busy!! Everything looks really pretty. Do you feel like you are quarantined in someone else's house now?! :o))

sunny said...

Oh my gosh - it all looks so lovely and cosy! I'm all about cosy. I might recognize a couple of things on that Friend wall. And I need to go right down to my sewing room and hang up a clipboard. Love that idea!