document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Thursday, July 2, 2020

NEW FOR JULY

Some new sew a longs I am joining in on--
First up is the Jolly Bar Row along--
This one is from the Fat Quarter shop--
These are the fabrics I am using--
and here is my first block--
Oh and I am using a layer cake for mine--
and I have '11' more of this block to do--
the cutting is all done--
this is the most blocks--rest of the rows are only a couple blocks
and will be different from this one--

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
From Facebook--
I am doing the 
Christmas stitch along--
from --Love and Hugs from AU--
it will be small embroidered blocks!!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
And then we have the Dirty Dozen challenge--
That I thought might be fun for this next year--
Here is my pile of 12 projects--one for each month--

Opps--this one got left out of the pile--
now there is 12 projects ---
and this month is #5-
which is this one--
One of the last projects I did at my old quilt shop in Watkins Glen NY--
These are the block I did--
black background and wool flowers--
yesterday --from Joann's I ordered a package of black batting for this one--
now I have to decide if I want to do wool squares between or solid colored cotton ones???????
the background is just a cotton fabric!

That pile of projects about cleans up my ufo's--
But by next year there will be more
as I finish up all the sew alongs and bom's I am doing this year!!!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
And for--
My main goal is to finish-
the hand quilting on this one--
I have 6 heart blocks hand quilted so far--
so I have plans--
along with the 2 color of the month projects
the Silver Linning block each week
my appliqued baskets each day--
on and on--I go around and around --to stay busy
 and to stay safe here in my apartment--
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^


I think after all this Covid crisis we will need a National Holiday once a year to remember
all our challenges and to honor all those we have lost and continue to lose to this illness--
My county had 218 cases yesterday with half of them in my area--
and Florida had 10,109 cases total yesterday--
people that is a ONE day total--
with 67 deaths last week--
one of which was a child aged 5-14 
 and a total of 15,150 people hospitalized last week--!!!!

KEEP THOSE NEEDLES FLYIN
 AND THOSE GARDEN TOOLS BUSY--
LUV, DI


6 comments:

Cheryll said...

Good luck with your dirty dozen...sounds like a great idea.
Yes this virus is unbelievable with its contagious nature & the speed of spread isn't it. Please stay safe...xox

Just Ramblin' said...

You have some fun projects going. I've been debating about doing the Fat Quarter project. Maybe I'll just download the patterns so I'll have them when I'm ready. Also doing the Australian stitch along. Just have the little bird to complete today. Absolutely adore those designers. Are the baskets you're stitching from Aunt Bea's Parlor pattern. I am doing them and almost have #11 done. Good luck with all your projects. It's always so fun to see what you are working on. Have a great 4th of July and stay safe.

Maria said...

Will enjoy watching your progress with the dirty dozen...
Keep well and safe.

Patty said...

Enjoy! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.

sunny said...

There's the pink heart quilt again! I feel I must make another heart quilt now. I accidentally stumbled upon my pinks and reds this morning that I used on the last one. I love the way you did the corners of the blocks!!

Kate said...

You've got some fun quilt alongs lined up. Good luck with your dirty dozen challenge. Clearing out the UFOs seems to be a continual work in progress.