document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Wednesday, September 23, 2020

BORDERING ON--CRAZY!!

 Yesterday morning was all about 'borders'--
Had '2' projects that needed them--

First up was the kids jelly roll one from Saturday's stitching--


I plan to make the all the yellow strips look like a road and will buy a couple match box cars to be played on this quilt--!!!  at least that is the plan!!!

And then the mini magic quilt top needed to have a couple borders added to it--


the outer strip here in the photo looks like the wrong color--but in 'real' life it matches really well--and I did the binding for it which is a plum and does match the 2 blocks that are purply/plum colored--

And On Sunday-- I did get all '16' baby sweaters buttons sewed on-


there is '2' preemie sweaters in that pretty purple--


and here is a pile of 0-3 months, 3-6 months and 6-9 months and one larger one!!

Now am working on hats to go with the order--so far have '3' done and another one half done!!!

****************

my nurse practitioner was here yesterday--and she said something to me--that gave me pause???

She said that Covid was pretty much over and would be gone, very  soon now--(now who does sound like???) 

I really do not believe her on this ---I am sad and sorry to say that I think we will have Covid for some time to come yet!!  So I will continue do to what I need to --to be safe!!

And now I need to ask for a bit of prayer too--

I am having a 'big' issue with high blood pressure again--I am on 2 meds for it --but do not want to go on any other ones nor do I want to 'up' the the one I am taking (the other one I can't take any more of!!) So I really need to work on figuring out how to lower my blood pressure--health wise--so I need to pray for some wisdom and then the determination to do the 'wisdom'!!!!!

Two of the things I need to do are--eat more foods with potassium and walk walk walk--I do try to walk '3' times a week--but some weeks--I only have made it once or twice--I need to make the walking a habit, like I did in NY--there, though I was able to take a bus to Walmart and walk inside =regardless of the weather--here I really have to walk outside and that is were the challenge comes in!!

Thank you and God Bless you!

TAKE A MINUTE OR TWO AND GO OUT AND ENJOY SOMETHING IN NATURE--

LUV, DI








9 comments:

Cheryll said...

Your quilts looks wonderful Di...well done...& I can see a child using the roads too...
Please stay safe...look after YOURself...xox

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

It's hard to stay active...I wish I could walk every day but I just can't any more. But we do what we can and at least we have weather that usually cooperates. I'll keep you in my prayers sweet friend. LOVE the quilts and pretty little sweaters! You are so talented!

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

You've been a busy bee! Sending prayers your way.. it's so hard to walk regularly, I try too, but struggle to be consistent. xx

Maria said...

Both quilts look lovely with there borders on..
I hear you about going for more walks. I've been really bad and need to get out and about more too.

Deb A said...

You sure have been busy! Love the idea of a road in that yellow - how fun! Sorry to hear of the bp issues. The good news is it is a little cooler now.... get out and walk girl! Can you walk in the hallways? I did that sometimes in hotels when it was cold outside. Thinking of you...

Anne-Lise at Rag, Tag, Bobtail said...

The yellow quilt is a grat idea with the roads and cars. And I really love the mini magic one - happy colours :)
Did you go for more walks when you took photos? I loved seeing what it was like when you were out and about. I must admit I don’t get out every day for a proper walk - if it rains the dog doesn’t want to either!
Xx

Linda in Calif. said...

If only you had a little dog that needed walking. It would help you be in the habit. Right now I hunt frogs with my little dog, if I try to skip a night she refuses to go to bed. So I do it and of course I'm always glad I do.

The Joyful Quilter said...

16 baby sweaters?!?! And now hats to match? Wow!! The Jelly Roll quilt is SEW cheerful. Imagine my surprise when I scrolled down to see your lovely Mini Magic Stars quilt top. I need to visit more often! Your readers can find my tutorial here: https://thejoyfulquilter.blogspot.com/2020/08/tutorial-tuesday-charm-square-friendly.html

Chookyblue...... said...

i'm not too sure covid will be gone very soon......
hope the blood pressure is improving......take care....lots of lovely sewing in your other posts.......