document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Wednesday, September 30, 2020

I DID IT--

 We need to back up to Sunday afternoon--one of the things on September's goals list--

was to finish my monthly counted cross stitch Word Plays, for displaying--

But as the month marched on and the days got less and less--I did figure they would not get done--

Sunday morning I was working on my present cross stitching--you know the mouse witch and was thinking about what I might to like to cross stitch next--when I remember the October word play I had done--so I thought to myself--I will get them out and at least do the 4 (Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec-) ones!!

When I did find them all easily--I had all '12' of them in the bag--I started this series years ago--like maybe in early 2000's--and I got 4 of them done--and turned them into little pillow--only to change them again a few years later--

and this time they got changed a third time--

When I first started this series, I used the colors that they pretty much suggested in the patterns--
so these are more country/primitive looking--
then when I lived in NY last year--I did the May one--I happened to have bought it when I bought these first 4--and once that one was done--I just ordered them a couple at a time--
the next 4 months--I used lighter backgrounds and my own color selections--

So by the time I got to stitching the last 4 --I was adventurous and used even brighter backgrounds and colors--

and then they were all done--
And guess what--by 4pm on Sunday--
I had all '12' ready for displaying--

well they are almost ready--
the first step here was getting them wrapped and glued around cake board--
Next I will do a board with fabric to each theme to go behind them and then they will be displayed on a nice wooden frame I have--
So the first one will be this one--
But it has to wait until I go shopping for the backgound fabric--hopefully by this week end???

So--I did get another--to do--marked off of September's list!!!

Later in the day--
I got another little Christmas stitchery finished--
and have started the 3rd one!!

And I have gotten all these baby hats knitted--
I used up alot of little balls of odds and ends of yarn in making these--
and now am back to knitting the sweaters--
hope to get these and the sweaters I have done so far in the mail real soon--

Now this week I have been working really hard on some sewing--
but will wait and show you when I get them finished--

And tomorrow makes the beginning of a new month--October--
time to set some new goals and to do a post of finishes for September--
so be sure to stay tuned for those posts!!!!

TAKE TIME TO JUST BE IN THE MOMENT--
LUV, DI









7 comments:

Cheryll said...

I LoVe the stitcheries Di... & you did a fantastic job finishing them all off too. Well done...xox

Maria said...

Lovely cross stitcHes and cute Christmas stitchery.
So many cute little hats to keeps heads nice and warm.

ButterZ said...

Great work. What pattern do you use for the beanies.

Deb A said...

Love your monthly stitcheries! How fun to swap them out each month. Happy October!

Karen said...

A friend of mine is doing the Word Play cross stitch designs. They are quite nice. Good to see you have done so many.

andsewon said...

Love our word play designs!

Anne-Lise at Rag, Tag, Bobtail said...

Congratulations on finishing the stitcheries. I really like your idea for showing them.
Hugs