document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Saturday, October 24, 2020

REALLY--IT'S---

 Saturday again and nearly a week has disappeared since my last post!!!

How did that happen--I know I have been busy--!!!

I was 'kinda' not feeling up to 'par' on Tuesday and Wednesday--but I did keep busy on stitching projects just the same--just slower--I am allegeric to all artificial sweeteners--even Stevia--and I ate some pudding they gave us here for lunch that had artificial sweetener in the whipped topping--and it doesn't take much to upset me--they now have my name on a list in the kitchen--so that won't happen again--hopefully!!!

and Thursday was a shopping day and let me tell you--now with the mask wearing and everything else one has to 'worry' about when out and about these days--by the time I get home and put stuff in the refrigerator and freezer and jump in the shower--I am exhausted for the rest of the day--so it is just stitching quietly in my rocking chair!!

So what have I been up this week--

First up--one day I got the last '4' of the Southern Ladies made--

you might have to look closely--but all these black ladies have black prints on their dresses!!  I sure have enjoyed stitching these this year and have a couple ideas for more!!!  and now that they are done--I am hoping the fairies will get them all out and play with them and arrange them and sew them into a quilt top for me!!!!

I have been appliqueing more bird blocks--
but am nearly finished with these--

And I have spent a morning on working with the 'yellow' fabrics--
First was the 9 patches--


and next was the star blocks--

and I believe these are done for the  year too--so hope when the fairies are designing for me--they will figure out how to put these into a top or 2 tops--hummm?????

I also ordered and received a new printer--so this 'old' lady had to figure out how to unbox it--
untape it all and hook it up--this one enlarges or shrinks patterns--so that is good--it does run a bit slower that the old one I had--and I am not crazy on where the ink cartridges go--but--I guess not everything in life is easier--and for the price I really can't complain--this new one is a HP printer--whereas I have had Epson printers for the last few years--and they did not enlarge or shrink patterns and I really wanted that feature on a printer if I had to get a new printer!!!

Still hand quilting on the little basket quilt top--and today I will be starting the last outer border on it--
and I started the blocks for the new Garden Trellis top with the Tilda fabrics--
and I have watched cloudy grey skies and rain storms all week--where oh where is my sunshine--
( it has been shinning some today out there--so am a happy camper today!!!)
Also today there is a race on--so that means I will be embroidering on the next Christmas block--but first I am going to go down and check the mail and go outside and enjoy some sunshine--

LET'S REALLY HOLD UP OUR COUNTRY IN PRAYER THE NEXT COUPLE WEEKS--
WITH THE ELECTION AND COVID--WELL????

HUGS AND LOVE TO ALL--DI



10 comments:

Kim said...

Hand stitching whilst rocking in the rocking chair does sound lovely. Another pretty Southern Ladies' block. Finger crossed for you that those faeries sort out those design issues of yours.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Amazing how the weeks go by, isn't it? I have that same surprise each Saturday! Your 9 patches and stars are sunny and happy - hope you got outside in the sunshine for a bit today, too.

Julierose said...

Grocery shopping with masks, gloves and one=way aisles exhausts me, too;000 I just rest for the day after that...
I love your bird appliques...and all your blocks are so pretty and well done...I plan on relaxing tonight and doing my butterfly x-stitchery...hugs, Julierose

The Joyful Quilter said...

Your ladies look lovely in their black dress, Di. SEW many sunny YELLOW scraps in this month's RSC blocks!!

Linda said...

What a busy week you had. Love all your yellow blocks, especially The star ones.... I just love star blocks of any variety. Hope you enjoyed your walk. Important to be out in the sunshine as much as possible, good for the Vitamin D levels, fitness and good for the soul.

Linda said...

You have had a busy week. Love all your yellow blocks, especially the Star ones as I love star blocks of any variety. Hope you enjoyed your walk. Important to be out in the sunshine whenever possible. Good for the Vitamin D levels, fitness and for the soul.

maggie fellow said...

yellow blocks has been our sunshine too. I agree that is is very tiring to do the same old stuff with brand new conditions

Maria said...

Another 4 lovely ladies.. lots of yellow block sunshine there....
Do hope the kitchen has you sorted now...

Raewyn said...

I cant' wait to see all your ladies together so I hope the fairies visit soon! I have had a lovely catch up read this morning as I've been away from blogland a bit lately. Hope you enjoyed your rice!! And I love your dresses quilt - well done on mastering the foundation piecing, and also I love the blue print in it - perfect!!! xxx

Linda in Calif. said...

Oh my! The lady blocks look great together! They are perfect! No NASCAR for the past couple days. Maybe this weekend? What a horrible thing with the Stevia. I tell people the artificial sweeteners effect me - but they don't believe me. I think they believe you now!