document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Sunday, October 18, 2020

SUNNY SUNDAY

 It's a nice sunshiny day here right now--and about 85 degrees outside--but it's a dry 85 so it is nice and pleasant to be out in it and you can walk in that temp here and not get too sweaty and that is always a 'win-  win'!!

Ok let's see what have I been doing???


The dresses--top got an outer border--

I ordered this blue print --online--wondering if it just 'might' be the right color--and I couldn't believe it when it came--it is the prefect color and even the perfect design for the border for this top--so now we have to get the batting and backing for this one and layered and basted and it will be the next one in line for hand quilting--(though--the Snowflake top hanging on my living room wall should probably be the next one--I just am not sure how I am going to get it basted????)  

And I am still playing around making these--
little half square tri angles--and bagging them up--

even have Christmas ones --bagged up!!!!

Opps--forgot to take some photos --I'll be right back!!!

I am back--did you miss me???

This is a new project--that I just started a couple days ago--
I had this rather large snowflake fabric and thought it would work nicely with a bird fabric that I had purchased somewhere along the line--so I fuzzy cut around the birds and am appliqueing them on it--
there is a series of 6 birds that are different--but I think I want a quilt of 9 blocks--so a couple birds will be done twice--at least that is my 'thinking' right now!!!!

And for slow stitching Sundays--
Here is the one I am working on today--

I started this one yesterday--Saturday--as these stitcheries are also my 'race' day projects--
there was 2 races on yesterday I watched and there is the big Cup race today to watch--so hope to finish it today--we only have 3 more weeks of racing for this season--then what I am going to do to keep myself out of trouble????
And here is 3 more in the series that I prepared --colored in--this morning--

So I do have lots of stitching planned for the future!!!!

I am so excited--The company that I love to get my rice from--Lundberg-out of CA--is finally back to having their crops and getting rice out there--My favorite rice is--their--California Organice white Basmati--oh how I love to smell this rice cooking!!!  They have been out for months--so when I seen that my company--Vita-cost had it back in stock Friday--I ordered 3 bags of it and a few other food stuffs--to stock up--and would you believe that order came in already--this morning--( I won't tell  you that I got an another order from them yesterday of some food and vitamins that were on sale!!)
now I wonder if I am becoming a 'hoarder'--????
Not sure why--but I have felt that I need to stock up on a few things until after the first of the year, at least----is anyone else 'feeling' this--?????????? 

Ok--now back to stitching everyone--break time is over!!!

PLEASE BE CAREFUL--LOOKS LIKE WE ARE STILL IN THE THICK OF THIS VIRUS
LUV, DI





6 comments:

Kim said...

I shake my head in disbelief far too much lately over the imcomprehensible stupidity of some leaders of this world. I have a feeling a lot do. But let's talk about happy things. Your dresses are beautiful. How serendipitous the fabric you ordered on-line is perfect for this quilt. Love your little birdie sitting on the snowflake fabric. Enjoy Sunday stitching your sweet stitchery.

Maria said...

The border on your dresses are perfect and great to be organised for the next projects.....
Your Christmas stitcheries are so pretty.

Deb A said...

Wow - the dresses came out perfect with those borders. Great stitcheries you have in progress. Lots of head shaking here.

sunny said...

Your birds are going to be delightful! and the dresses are coming along nicely. You're not the only one who is trying to stay stocked up on things. My freezer and pantry are comfortably full. I canceled an outing for next week, and I'm thinking I'll cancel my plans to travel for thanksgiving. It's just too scary out there! Stay safe!!

Linda in Calif. said...

I love the white snowballs and the blue with the dresses. So super cute.

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

The dresses quilt looks fantastic! The blue is perfect :) Your race day stitcheries are very cute xx