document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Friday, November 20, 2020

GOOD---BAD--OR----????

 I think there is a saying--about  "good, bad, or indifferent"--

That is kinda how I feel about the latest quilt finish--The Dress Quilt--

all I can say about it--is-- It is finished--that is the good part--
the bad part is I had to use a different blue on the binding--
as I could not seem to match the other blue fabric in the quilt top--
Indifferent--could be what other's think of it--but for me--
I love that it is finished!!!
And here is the back of it--
Cats with the word--"unimpressed"--so we know what they think of it!!!!!!

I got one of the Hexagon mats all finished--

These really are fun to make--
and as I was photographing this--I could  hear a 'commotion' behind me--
and I looked around to see 'what' that was all about--
and --

it was my 'new' reindeer I had purchased at the Publix's grocery store--
saying he wanted to be in the photo with the 'pretty' hexagons--so whom am I to say 'no'!!!!


And here is how I finished the bird blocks--
(sorry--I didn't realize I hadn't pressed this before the photo!!)
This quilt top is now pressed with backing and batting--and a 'fairy' has started to do some
hand quilting on it--though she may change her mind on what she is doing for the design!!!!

And though I don't have a photo--

I have gotten half of these blocks into rows--
so this one project is progressing--!!!
And I did do an online order yesterday for the border fabric--needed flannel--as I am putting
these rows together with flannel fabric and I needed a backing fabric for it--but that is cotton--
as this is going to be heavy for hand quilting with the wool and flannel --trying to decide 
if I want to use black batting (which I would have to order--) or what?????


We sure have to make alot of decisions when sewing and quilting--don't we?????


I am happy to report that finally my blood pressure is back in the normal range this week--
130/78--but--now I am tired and sleepy all day--but I keep right on making myself --stay busy!!!
I had to go on a third medication--but a very light dose of it--

I have also started reading again for a bit in the afternoon--my poor brain seems to want to 'run' on high all day long--and have discovered that by reading--it shuts off on all the other stuff--and just reads and enjoys the words to the story!!!!

I KNOW IT IS HARD TO DECIDE WHAT TO DO ABOUT FAMILY--
FOR THE COMING HOLIDAY--THANKSGIVING--
SO BE REALLY REALLY SMART ABOUT WHAT YOU DECIDE TO DO--

LUV, DI





5 comments:

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Love the dress quilt Di! It's so pretty! xx

Deb A said...

Congrats on the finish and I just LOVE that hexagon mat! So funny the reindeer insisted on being part of the photo =)Turkey is in the fridge thawing....I hear Grandma and her hubby are coming over Thursday... not surprising as she is part of our 'extended' household as the kids go to her house every Sunday. Be safe and hope you have a good week.

Maria said...

I like the darker blue you used for the binding on the pretty dress quilt.
Great Hexie Christmas mat and the reindeer looks perfect in the photo.
Well done on both finishes and to have the birds ready to quilt also having the blocs in a row together.
Pleased the blood pressure is now under control and you are enjoying reading....

Raewyn said...

Di I am sorry to read that you have been having health and other issues. It sure has been an unsettling year for many. I love your dresses quilt, so good you mastered that foundation piecing! I think the darker binding works well. The hexagon mat is gorgeous too - you're managing to still get plenty done in spite of it all. Hugs and take care.

Val said...

Well. I LOVE it all!!! You get a lot accomplished. How do you make the time? Your projects are beautiful. Happy Thanksgiving. Our family will be together but they will eat in their own homes. We are sharing our meals but we decided staying home was the safest thing for everyone. We have a family member right now in the hospital with Covid. Ha