document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Sunday, November 15, 2020

OH--MY WHERE DID THE LAST 10 DAYS GO???

I am bad--did not realize it has been so long between post--

I am still dealing with  a health issue and that has taken some time and energy --that I could of used for quilting and sewing--

though I have stitched every day--

Last Sunday while watching the last Nascar race for 2020--I did finish this Christmas stitchery--

I believe I missed tracing out a couple of others in this series--so need to see if I want to add them or now just finish the ones I have gotten done ---

I got another basket of tulips all appliqued--I now have 6 of these baskets done-again need to get them out and decide where I want this project to go---


and I have been working on this counted cross stitch project as a Christmas gift for a friend--more has been done on this and in fact it is nearly finished--



And the couple times I have been able to actually get to the sewing machine--I worked on these Tilda blocks--But am 'unhappy' with some of them--


I had some of the seams really not come out-so that I would have a 1/4" seam allowance on the blocks--so am not sure what to do about that?????

And I have steady worked on the Hexagon blocks--


I have 14 of these done in this series and am now doing a row of hand quilting going around them-- and   also have another design set cut out, to stitch--

And each day I am working on hand quilting on the dress quilt top--I just have 2 sides of the outer border yet to hand quilt and that will be ready for the binding--

and I am knitting every day on a pair of wool socks for a Christmas gift--

So I am keeping busy--I am just slower than I used to be!!!  I am afraid that this Covid crisis and the election got me all messed up emotionally and now I have to relearn how to 'chill'--I am so happy the election is over--yet still 'scared' about who is still in charge of our country for the next 2 months!  and now with the holidays and families wanting to travel and be together--well---???????

I know we will get through this--some how and in some way--and I try so hard not to 'worry'--but it seems to always be 'there' in my mind!!!

PLEASE TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF AND CONTINUE TO DO 'SAFE' THINGS--

LUV AND HUGS, DI



 

5 comments:

Anne-Lise at Rag, Tag, Bobtail said...

Hi Di. Good to hear from you again - I was beginning to worry. Sorry you have been poorly, hope you soon feel back up to speed :)
Love the little kitty! And of course the hexies are gorgeous - give a happy Christmas feeling 🎄 Stay safe. Hugs.

Jennie in GA said...

You have been really busy. Know how you feel. I have been really distracted.

Maria said...

Hope you are feeling better Di. It is a weird and difficult time BUT !!! we need to take it day at a time..
Great to see you are still doing some stitching as its good to do that...

Deb A said...

So happy to see your post. I was wondering how you were doing. I hope the chemicals are out of your system and you are getting back to 'normal' I hear you on the out of wack with the election, post election and number of covid cases rising. I have a feeling we will just have Thanksgiving with my household and no grandparents this year. Better to be safe. Great progress on all your projects - love the barns on the hexies.

sunny said...

I hope you're feeling much better by now! I think the combination of COVID and the election has taken a toll on most of us. Now that our weather has turned colder, we aren't meeting for outdoor sewing groups or picnics, and it gets a little lonely at times. I was hoping to get to Florida in January, but that's looking less and less likely.