document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Monday, November 2, 2020

MOM ALWAYS DID IT--

 Every Monday morning I remember my mother going down the steps to the cellar--to do laundry--even when she didn't feel well--she would go to the cellar and do laundry --and with me behind her--to help her--I even remember the wringer washer and yes--getting my arm stuck in it!!!  we did not have a dryer though--we went out a set of back stairs to the outdoors and the clothes line--and I even remember the stiffer than a board frozen clothes!!!



For some reason now--I find I also do my laundry on Mondays for the most part--once in a great while like last week--it was  Wednesday before I could do it--but everyone here as they go by me  sitting in the lounge area waiting on the dryer and knitting-they all now just say--"it's Monday"!!!!  ( and there is  alot of Mondays when I don't feel all that great--but I still go down and do it--must be handed down from my Mother!!!!

Ok-- guess what day it is--????

We are now into the month of November---gobble gobble gobble, everyone!!!!

and here is my--

November goal--

1. To finish this quilt top--

with hand quilting--of course!!

2. this month's dirty dozen Number is #1
and that is this set of blocks--
A Buttermilk Basin project from 2-3 years ago--
the goal is to just get the top done--and maybe--get it layered and basted--we will see!!

And here is a 'better' look at the Hexagon stitch along that I am doing--

There is more designs to this set--coming right up!!!
I am doing this with Deb over on--vtquilter.blogspot.com and the name of her blog is--
Happy to be Scrappy--so pop over and say Hi!!!

And I got another Christmas block embroidered while watching racing this week end--
Let me  tell you--there is a bunch of tiny stitches--to make this one--
a person could go 'cross-eyed' doing these--but so worth it--!!!
I have just one more design prepared for stitching--
and just one more week end of racing left for this season--
then what am I going to do for entertainment??????

And now for a little give away--
I am giving away the pattern to this counted cross stitching--
(if you live in the USA--it would cost me over $20 to send outside of the US right now--
sad!!!)
So if you would like the pattern --just let me know in the comments!!

I am still having an issue on having to go to another person's post page to do my posts--
anyone ever have this problem or know how we can fix it????

TAKE A MINUTE AND SEND A NOTE TO SOMEONE THAT YOU ARE THINKING OF THEM--
LUV AND HUGS, DI







8 comments:

Maria said...

Funny that you always wash on Mondays , I wash when the basket is full !
You have some lovely goals to work on this month...

Margo Yang said...

Memories of your mom are so precious!! Yes, I found myself doing the things my mom used to do, we duplicate our moms a lot, I guess. Your embroidery pieces are adorable. Good luck with your goals.

CathieJ said...

I do laundry on Mondays and Fridays. I really only need to do it one day a week now, but Hubby gets antsy if it isn't done twice a week, like it was when I had 4 people home. I try to remind him that when we were first married it was once a week because we had to do it at one of our parents' homes. Love all of your projects by the way. The hexagon stitch along is so pretty. I would love that Halloween pattern. It is so adorable.

Dorothy said...

My mom was the same way - Mondays - regardless of the weather. I would love the pattern. I think the mouse stirring the cauldron is a such a cute Halloween pattern. Thanks for offering the giveaway!

Anne-Lise at Rag, Tag, Bobtail said...

Busy as usual :) The hexagons are really sweet. I always like to see what you are working on.
Hope you are staying safe and well.
Hugs!

Kathy S. said...

Great idea to take a minute and send someone a card. Good luck on your OMG project. It's gorgeous!

sunny said...

I used to mostly do laundry on Mondays too, but now I don't do it that often. Surprisingly, I actually miss doing DH's laundry. I'm making yoyos now while I watch TV in the evenings.

Patty said...

Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.