document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Wednesday, January 20, 2021

BEEN A COUPLE BUSY DAYS--AT--

 the sewing machine--

though yesterday's sewing got off to a 'rough' start--

seemed my machine didn't like stitching half square triangles--


The pattern was  one I chose from this book--


and when I decided to do a block a week from this book--I also ordered this series of fat 8th's--!!

so first I changed the needle--that didn't help--so while I had the little screw driver out--

I decided to see if I could get the 'throat' plate off and see if there was any lint under it--now I had seen someone recently on her blog site show all the packed lint under her throat plate--I don't believe I have ever taken one off and looked--so I got brave and did take mine off--and you probably know what I found--lots and lots of 'lint'--I cleaned and cleaned it out--(I have a nice paint brush I use for lint--and it works almost like a magnet in catching the lint--I did work for awhile on it--and finally deemed it safe to put the throat plate back on the machine and go back to sewing--of course by this time--I also realized that I was doing the half square triangles wrong!!!!  I did finally get them partly done before it was time to quilt for the day!!!!!

I did get one block done yesterday from the book--an applique block--

I hadn't done any applique in a while  and it felt great to applique again--

I also started on the star blocks--

and got one done before quitting time--

Today I was able to get the half square triangles done and onto the block they needed to go on--and this afternoon late I was able to do the small applique on that one--
and went on and got 5 more star blocks sewn together--

I just have 2 more star blocks to do for the linen quilt top--!!

I also got the second red and white baby sweater knitted and finished off--
and have another sweater on the needles--this next one has my favorite color in it--Pink!!!

And I actually watched the Inauguration today--my first!!  I know--I should of watched others--but--politics has never been 'my' thing--until recently--!!!!

And I even got out for a short walk today in the Sunshine--though I did have to wear a sweater--even here in Florida--though it was warmer than it has been lately--glad for that!!

TAKE CARE AND REMEMBER THOSE MASKS--KEEP YOURSELF AND OTHERS SAFE!!!
HUGS, DI




1 comment:

sunny said...

I don't usually pay much attention to the Inauguration either, but I watched all day on Wednesday.