document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Sunday, January 24, 2021

SUNDAY #4 OF JANUARY 2021

The day started out cloudy--but now we have lovely blue skies and little wispy white clouds here and there !!!! and it looks like a nice little breeze out there as the branches on the pine tree is waving at me!!

Well--I think that the project that has taken up 90% of my sewing time this January is mainly finished--

I have showed you parts of it as we have went along this month--

the star blocks and the linen blocks--

but I have not really showed you the pillow case blocks--

This is my center block--it is the bottom part of a pillow case my Mother made years ago-She embroidered the lady--and all the rest of the work on it--and she had crocheted the dress part--then remember a few year back I told about sewing the skirt part to the pillow case--well--would you believe when I went to cut this piece for the block--I discovered I had stitched the dress on backwards--so we got that turned around and restitched on--!!!!  the bottom part of the block is some lace edging from another pillow case and later just before sewing all the blocks together--I decided it really needed something in the top to pull the block together--and that is a piece of hand crocheted edging that my Granny did on my father's side!

this next one-

is at the very top of the quilt and is one I embroidered at least 8 years ago--or so I believe--and again the bottom row on this is the rest of the hand crocheted lace that my Granny did --probably in the 60's or 70's -- and it could of even been before that????

This one caused a bit of a challenge cause it was wider than the 6 inches of the blocks--so I worked it out so it would be on the bottom row and hang over the border--this is a fine crochet of a butterfly and the letter 'D'--and was given to me a few years ago by a dear friend and was something her husbands grandmother had made--so who knows how old it is????

and then I had this one--

I do not know anything about this one--it was just a thrift store or rummage sale find--again long time ago--
It was kinda neat how the design of this layout for the pattern fit all these pillowcases--so I was able to just 'slip' them right into place--

And here is the quilt in it's full disclosure!!
Are the trumpets playing???

This photo does not really show the quilt all that well--I am in need of a new camera--that's next on my shopping list!!!  There is a couple blocks that I feel might need some more work/details on them--then again it might make the quilt too busy?????   and I don't have any idea if I should put another border on it or not--and what to use in fabric as far as a design---so for now it will just hang on the wall and we will see if it 'speaks' to me!!!!
OH--someone asked me how I could cut up the pillow cases and old hankies and tea towels and I said--it's simple--this way I can enjoy them--this apartment is too small to have alot out--so they have been in a zip lock bag under the bed for a long time--now at least they can 'breathe' and I can enjoy!!!

And here is the first 2 blocks of my weekly block challenge--

And here is where I am on the little truck for slow stitching Sunday--
we got some front end finished and a tire on it !!!!



TAKE CARE--KEEP BEING CREATIVE--AND JUST BREATHE--

AND KNOW THAT I HERE SENDING YOU 'HUGS'-

LUV, DI

AND Bernie sure has made the news this week!!!!!

  

6 comments:

Carol said...

Oh Di, how nice to have such HEIRLOOMS and all in one lovely masterpiece! I'm glad you figured out how to include so many!

Enjoy!

Raewyn said...

Just beautiful Di - you have breathed new life into the vintage pieces - something to treasure for sure. When you get to making a label you will have to write down the details of each piece so they are remembered forever!

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Such a lovely quilt!! I love the colors and all the little special vintage bits and pieces.. xx

Deb A said...

What a great memory quilt you have created! Bernie is enjoying being everywhere this week!

sattakingplaybazaar said...

Upcoming Government Exams
Upcoming Government Jobs
list of competitive exams for government jobs
government jobs 10th pass
government jobs 12th pass

Kate said...

What a great way to use and display those treasures! Love the center block, it's lovely!