document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Monday, January 18, 2021

SIMPLE OR INVOLVED???

 I find right now that there is 3 groups of people trying to deal with life--

we have those who just keep a set pace in life and nothing seems to distract them from it--

then we have those who need projects and plans that are really involved--thinking that that will keep them from 'seeing' and 'feeling' what is going on around them--

Then there is 'me'---I need to keep busy--but it needs to be simple--easy simple projects!!!

Like my new counted cross stitch project--

this is the one that won out this morning--

a really simple little red truck--
I had thought I would start this one next--

it was a Christmas gift from Anne--it is much more involved cross stitch than I normally do-
but I was willing to at least get it started and see where it would take me-
But--I discovered that '2' floss colors were left out of the kit and both colors need alot of floss--
so I have to get ahold of the company and see if they will send it to me????
But in the mean time--I love working on the truck!!!

Yesterday I finished this 'simple' little wool mug mat--

I had started it sometime last year--I think he needs some little buttons on his coat though???

But mostly I worked on the Linen quilt top today--
laid out all the blocks on my bed--and discovered I was still  3 blocks short on the 6" ones in linen--
so got them made up--then started on the star blocks--


and I got 'one whole' star block done--yea!!!!

I do have the other '7' worked on--the background pieces are all cut and the fabrics are decided on--

so hopefully they will go faster when I can get back to the sewing machine ---again keeping it simple!!!

So for 2 days now I have 'simply' stayed in the apartment--and 'simply' worked on projects--

Now what are you finding is working best for you--

1 Simple

2 Involved

3 Super busy

WHICH EVER WAY IS YOUR WAY--ENJOY THE RIDE!!

HUGS, DI



5 comments:

CathieJ said...

I love the kitty meme. I think I am the involved type, though I do like a quick and easy craft sometimes also. Right now though, most of my current projects are quite involved. Future ones look that way too. I like your little truck ornament. That cross-stitch kit is beautiful. I hope you can get the missing floss.

Maria said...

I’m finding it hard to get motives at all lately and really push myself to do anything.... hope my rear helps me....
Nice cross stitch projects and I do hope you get the missing threads.....

sunny said...

Well, I seem to work on several projects at once, of a moderate level. I don't want too simple, but my brain can't concentrate well enough to do anything very complicated right now. But I do like having a variety of things to choose from on any one day. Who knows what mood I'll be in? I seem to be mostly interested in cross stitch right now.

Deb A said...

I agree with that last cat! I hope that now.... in the evening of the 20th I am able to breathe in and out. And concentration will return! I have been scattered lately and trying to stay focused. I think after today... that will happen on one front anyway. I always have way too many things in the hopper... and I seem to only get things finished with a deadline!

Linda in Calif. said...

What an enjoyable post Di. I sure am doing the simple as I’ve been traveling a lot. I think I need you to come visit and get me sewing again. Yes little buttons or beads or even a spider/flower embroidery stitch on the coat would be so cute. (Linda in Calif)