document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Sunday, January 17, 2021

CHILLY SUNDAY

' I' think for middle east coast of Florida--my feet are like 'ice'!!!

So once this post is done--I am curling up with a quilt or two and stitching--

that is after I pick out a couple blocks from this book to sew this week--

Remember--I said I was going to make '1' block a week from this book
during 2021-wellllll---I have so busy on the linen quilt and cleaning-
that I haven't even picked out one yet???

Talking about the linen quilt--
here is some photos of blocks for that quilt--

 And yes--the bottom two hankies have crocheted pansies on them--the one on the left--
is 2 hankies--the top one just has the purple flowers and bottom one just was hemmed with yellow and purple pansies-- the block above this one is also 2 hankies--

and both of these squares are layered --one hankie on top of the one with the edging!!


and these 2 photos show some of the longer pieces I will be using in the quilt--
some are borders from pillow cases that I have had for a very long time!!
Now I need to make the fabric blocks that go in this quilt???

And this morning I finished the train counted cross stitching-
I had planned to get this finished off before lunch and before showing it to you--
but I got busy setting up the next project-a Christmas gift--that was a kit--only to discover 2 of the flosses are missing-so will have to write the company first---grrrrr!!!!

And I am pretty much-- every day --working on this quilt--

and my pink yo-yo pile is growing some--
But I have a ton of machine sewing that needs to be done in the next 2 weeks--
so somebody had better show up with a 'whip' and keep me moving!!!!

I did spend some time in the kitchen this week--one day I cut up a butternut squash and got that
all cooked up and cut up some celery and cooked it a minute or two and cooled it and put it in the freezer for soup making!!  And yesterday afternoon I put together a scone mix that I ordered from King Arthur flours (had to order some yeast from them and you know how things can jump into your shopping carts??) it is Blueberry sour cream--and they did come out good--only they took forever to bake---I should of used my larger baking sheet--!!!    I used to be such a 'good' baker!!

And I got a beautiful gift in the mail this week--it took 6 weeks to get here from Maryland--

 
So worth the wait--
thank you Sunny!!!

Gotta go --need to do some online shopping at JoAnn's--I need another--yep--another set of the
embroidery floss cards--which is a $3 item--but need to order some other stuff-- like thin elastic for mask making--a couple of my flamingo masks, need replacing and we have some holidays coming up--and--
I have a 40% off coupon for today--so --

FIX YOURSELF SOMETHING 'SINFUL' TO EAT IN THE KITCHEN THIS WEEK--
AND ENJOY IT!!!
HUGS, DI 




6 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Looks like you have plenty of projects to keep busy with, Di! I love your project with the hankies, and that sweet cross-stitch, too. Have a great Sunday!

Sherry said...

Beautiful finish on the train cross stitch. I will look forward to seeing your finished hankie project.

Maria said...

Did you pick a couple of blocks for the sampler?
Pretty hankies for the quilt....
Good luck with the truth reads for the cross stitch.

Anne-Lise at Rag, Tag, Bobtail said...

Now I wish I hadn’t thrown out all those old embroidered hankies :(
The cross stitch is lovely. And your pressie is cute.
(Btw, did you get my e-mail?)
Stay warm now. Hugs. :)

sunny said...

What beautiful hankies your have!!!! Can't wait to see what you do next. If the mail doesn't get straightened out by next year, I'll hop on my bike and hand-deliver it. I can probably do that in less than 6 weeks. But... you did get yours sooner than the one I send across town!

sattakingplaybazaar said...

government jobs 10th pass
government jobs 12th pass
upcoming competitive exams
SBI Clerk
SBI PO
IBPS Clerk