document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Sunday, January 3, 2021

FIRST SUNDAY--YEA!!!!

 It's the first Sunday of 2021-- 

it's a bit overcast today here in Florida--but nice and warm and no snow or ice--Yea!!!

What can I say--some people love snow and ice--and I used to a long time ago--

Well--lets just get on with the post--

Guess I will start with the year end report--

Would you believe that I stitched 363 days out of 365 days--
( I need a more active social life--oh that's right it was 2020 and stay at home year!!)

And I stitched for approximately-----1,508 hours --an average of 4 hours a day--
January was the lowest month with 72 hours
June was the highest month with 162 hours
And I seen that my total hours for 2019 was only 637 hours--so I must of had a more active social life that year!!!!


I actually hand quilted and finished 25 quilts-wall hangings, small gifts, and table mats--
And I am working on --or have the blocks made for 18 projects that are all just 2020 ones!!
one of these I am hand quilting on now--( a lot of the finished ones were 2019 and 2020 quilts)
For the Dirty Dozen challenge where she picks a number for us to finish that month--I had '12' of course on that list--and got 4 of them done--but still have not finished Nov and Dec's quilts--and there is 6 more in that tote for the rest of the year (these are all older ufo's that I am trying to complete--all the blocks are done they just need to made into flimsy's then hand quilted)

I did '7' complete counted cross stitch projects--
and am working on this one--
and is my --


I also knitted several baby sweaters and some hats to go with them and donated them--
the baby sweaters are always an on going project-
And I knitted 5 pairs of socks this year--usually I only do 1-2 pairs a year!!!
( I do not count my knitting hours!!!)

And I found '3' new products that I just love--
1. the tape from Cluck Cluck Sew
2. the new freezer paper
3. the new rotary blades
4. new light box

So it was a 'big' stitchy year for me!!!

Now we need to talk about my January 2021 goal--
for OMG--



I would like to see me finish this--into a quilt!!!
It was November's dirty Dozen pick!!!!

Well--my tree is down and everything Christmas is all packed up and down in my storage locker--
now--where are those darn fairies--I need them to clean this place up--it is a mess--
and I have more important things to do than 'clean'!!!!

HAVE FUN WITH SETTING YOUR GOALS FOR JANUARY--
LUV AND HUGS, DI



 


7 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

You accomplished a lot in 2020! I do think it has a little something to do with all the staying home we all did. Can you tell me more about the new freezer paper you found? I'd like to work on morexapplique this year, and I think I'll do it with freezer paper.

Kim said...

I think we all need to get out a bit more; perhaps, just perhaps 2021 will allow the world to play again eventually. Gosh, how fabulous that every day you enjoyed some stitching. It is evidenced from all the pretties you finished. About snow, ice and all things nasty winter's throws out,m; I'm not a fan either. Give me warmth and dun any day of the week.

Karrin Hurd said...

Great accomplishments last year. I cleaned up my Christmas stuff too, and I wish the cleaning fairies would clean up around here too!

Ivani said...

WOW you accomplished a lot. Sure 2020 was a big stitchy year for you. Good Lucky with your goal for January.
Happy New Year and Happy stiching.

The Cozy Quilter said...

I think we all had more sewing time in 2020! You were certainly able to make a lot of projects! I have a long UFO list too and just started a new project today....the tree comes down tomorrow, please send the cleaning fairies here after they have finished at your place

sunny said...

There are definitely ALWAYS better things to do than clean! And I'm glad, because I was the recipient of one of those pairs of socks. They are so beautiful, I just love looking at them. I would say I stitch nearly every day, but I don't keep track of my time. You are very diligent! I'm not feeling great today, so I'm working on a cross stitch pattern that arrived yesterday. The hands must always be busy.

Kate said...

Wow! You had a fantastic year of stitching! Though I agree the required decrease in social stuff is probably a big influence there. Thanks for linking up with the 15 Minutes to stitch last year. Looking forward to seeing your projects and finishes this year.