document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Sunday, January 31, 2021

SUNDAY--HAPPY NEWS--

First off---My test results for Covid finally came back and I am negative!!!

So lets all happy dance here!!!! Though I am still praying for my friend -

Frannie who is still ill with it--but still at home--!

And I have been busy--(to help keep my mind off of wondering)

I got the other 2 blocks of 'Di's challenge for 2021' caught up--

the block on the left is called the--Button Basket--and 'yes' it will have 2 buttons on it--
on the handles once it's quilted!!  the block on the right is called Simple Simon--and it was an easy block to make--

the flower block is called 'The Constant Needle' and the other one on the right is called-'Little Things' and it was the hardest one of the month to do--
And yesterday I sat down with the book and picked out the next 4 blocks for February--and I have ordered a bit more fabric for these--the fabrics are from Laundry Basket line!


For my Pink--color of the month projects--
first up is my 'yo-yo's'--

I forgot to count them--but pretty sure there is at least '30' in this container--

and my second project in pink is-

a new line called--Di's Crazy Hearts--
yep might as well have a quilt named after me--
each month I plan to make one in the color of the month--but the heart will be different each time--in design and of course color--this one is not quite finished yet--needs some hand work accents yet--
the Antique Linen quilt really took a lot of my time and brain cells for the first 3 weeks of January--so am a bit behind--I also want to do at least one other 'color' project each month--think I found what I want to do today--we will see??????


And here is the 'round robin' block--

now we don't have such 'odd' gold corner stones!!!


And remember I did get this months OMG project done--


now to get it layered for hand quilting--it's in a pile of '3' that need to be layered!!!


Now for counted cross stitch news--

there is a group of gals working on stitching up this collection this year--


the Farmhouse series--from 2019--there is 9 patterns total-you can stitch them as individual pieces or all on one piece of cloth--I got my patterns sent to me one each month back in 2019--but have never started them---I want to do mine on one piece of cloth--and I am a 'start in the center' kinda gal-- I am stitching this on 28 ct linen--so today I played with my new toystools--


one is  this cute cat needle holder--and let me tell you --it might be small--but boy does it have a strong magnetic-the other tool is the new thread holder--better picture above--and yes--a cute cat with kittens!!! and I was surprised how large it was!!!  There is no time limit for a finish date--(at least I don't think so!!) other than by years end--I would like to get it done by end of Oct--she says as she laughs!!!!!!



And here is where my little truck cross stitch is--




And I used a needle 31 days out of 31 days --so I am on a roll so far this year--!!!  And about 95 hours total stitching time for the month--

Well--time to get back to that stitching and fixing a cup of tea--am having fun playing with loose teas and it's not easy finding how much to use with each one--????

HAVE A WONDERFUL WEEK  AND KEEP THOSE NEEDLES FLYIN--

LUV AND HUGS, DI




13 comments:

Susan said...

I love posts like this that show how real life is for most quilters - lots of projects to move among! You're doing really well, and Woohoo for stitching every day - and so much time for one month. That's excellent!

Deb said...

Wonderful projects you have in the works, good for you to have stitched 31 days.

Jennifer said...

The LHN series will be lovely - I am stitching a country cottage needleworks series this year and look forward to making progress on it.

chrisknits said...

I love the fix to your SAHRR! Brings the center out into the rest of the piece.

dq said...

I am loving your Stay at Home Robin Quilt. I am kicking myself for not getting involved, but some times you just have to stand back and finish some UFOs instead of start new ones.
THe Yo Yos and the heart block are pretty cute as well.

Karrin Hurd said...

Love your SAHRR, and what a great bunch of projects you are working on!

Maria said...

Pleased you are negative.
The SAHRR is growing beautifully..
Lots of other lovely projects you are working on too.

Patty said...

Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish!

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

So glad you are ok sweets!! Bunny hugs!

Kate said...

So glad the test was negative! Hope your friend starts feeling better really soon. You've got lots of fun stuff going on for January. Love the heart block. Congrats on all the stitching time, you definitely made progress this month.

Deb A said...

Sew glad the results were negative and you are feeling ok. Hoping your friend has a speedy recovery. Love those yo-yo's and the heart is adorable.

Shah Sazib said...

Beautiful quilt always!!! Thanks for sharing! Anyway, Broadway Fabrics is here with an amazing Fabric collection to build quality quilt.

Susie H said...

Love the cornerstones on your SAHRR! I think they perk things right up! I'm also enjoying your Xstitch adventures. They take a while but are so fun.