document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Sunday, March 7, 2021

BREEZY SUNDAY

 It is really breezy here today on the east coast of Florida--but---the sun is shining and the sky is a light blue color--

Talking about 'blue'--here is the 2nd step to the new hand piecing project--tomorrow we will get step 3! and then you will get to see the 3rd color I am using for this block!!

Next we turn to the color 'green'--
And I can't believe how fast my order at Fabric Shack came in--it was here in just '4' days-
I got these basic green ones--
and--

these '2' cute green ones--and yes--(one really different color)--but I think I know what project this one will go--so that's why it jumped into the cart!!

and--see--they do all have green in them--but I think I got these for other reason's too!!!
now to find projects to use them in!!!

I did alot of working with the color green in the last couple days--
first I cut these squares--

lots of squares are cut for this month's green 'yo-yo's'--

and some cutting out for the green angels--

and I slipped in some black/grey/white stitching too-

for the back ground blocks for the angel blocks--I have enough sewn together to get me through to the end of July with doing '3' angels each month--then I will have to cut more squares!!

and back to green--
The border is sewn on this one--and I used one of the green's that I won recently--and the binding is sewn and pressed and is also from one of the three greens--now to get the batting and backing cut and this one basted for a bit of hand quilting!!

and one more green project--

here is all '3' of winning green fabrics--the 3rd green is the stem fabric--I am not done making these yet--I love paper foundation piecing--I just wished it wasn't so messy--and I haven't even started taking the paper off the backs yet!!!!!

and now to 'coral' color--


I did another step on these--which was an applique step--but forgot the photo-
but hopefully will be working on these blocks this week--so you will get to see a photo soon!!!

                           side note--
My friend --Frannie had her surgery on Thursday as  planned--but now has to have a second surgery on Monday--so please keep her in your prayers--thank you!

And I also spent some time on my Farmhouse counted cross stitching and almost have the second block finished--but forgot to do a photo--will take one when it is totally finished!!!

KEEP CALM--KEEP THOSE MASKS ON--(EVEN IF YOU HAD THE SHOT)--AND KEEP SMILING--EVEN UNDER THOSE MASKS!!
LUV, DI



5 comments:

Carol said...

Wow, you have been busy!!! Lovely colors! Have fun working on all the various stitchery projects! I can only do one project at a time, not quite as versatile as you! ;-)

HUGS!!!

Maria said...

OMGoodness Di you are a machine, working on sew many great projects.....

The Joyful Quilter said...

Super cute GREEN Shamrock blocks!! Too bad they are paper pieced, as I am not a fan of using that method to make quilted items. :o((

sunny said...

I would love to know where you angel pattern is from. And Your February stitch turned out wonderful. Every year, I say I'm going to do that, and I've never started.

Kate said...

You've been busy! Love all your deep greens, I'm ready to see some of those colors in our landscape. It's still mostly brown here.