document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Tuesday, April 13, 2021

BACK IN THE SADDLE

 For the last couple days--I have been back into the sewing mood--so whoever sent me some 'mojo' from my last post Thank you!!!

A couple weeks ago--I cut out '16' tiny little Dresden fan blades-

I actually cut enough for '2' plates--and got them hand pieced-and one is now appliqued onto a background piece--the other one is pined on ready for applique--not sure what I am doing with the center yet--but today I cut enough little blades for 3 more plates!!!

Yesterday--I finally had to take time to make some more face masks too--



these '2' are just my 2 layers of cotton fabric--

and these '2' have a 3rd layer inside of them--




The main ones I made 14 months ago--were getting 'tacky' looking and boring!!!!!

I also got a pretty order in the mail--from Granny's Legacy--


I needed some new colors in my wool stash--I do have a couple three- or more- projects waiting in line for me to do in wools--and look what else I got there--


Some itty bitty scissors--they are sooo cute--and I hope will help in cutting those small curves in wool pieces!!!

Today I worked at alot of prep work--got the '4' blocks for this months Di book project all planned out and even have one block of applique nearly done--will photo when it is done!!!

And I have been working on the Hand piecing project--am in the process of sewing all the blocks together into one big block now--


And I have been working real hard to get outside every day-except on Sunday and on Sunday we finally got some much needed rain--had a couple three or so nice rain storms--so that was nice!!!

ENJOY THE SPRING AND ALL THE THINGS IT BRINGS OUR WAY--(OR FALL IF THAT IS YOUR SEASON NOW!!)

LUV, DI






7 comments:

Anne-Lise at Rag, Tag, Bobtail said...

The Dresden plates are very pretty! I try to get out every day, too. Easier now Spring is on it’s way, although we have been having snow and cold winds - so even Stella runs back in :)
Stay safe,
Hugs

Carol said...

I love the Dresden plates too! In fact, I have 2 potholders my great grandmother made! They are hanging on the wall though...don't want to ruin them! All your projects!!! Amazing! Glad you found your mojo again. :-)

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Those scissors are too cute - and so are the dresdens! xx

Maria said...

Nice fabrics you used for the Dresden’s . Lovely mail with the tiny scissors..

Deb A said...

So glad the mojo came back. Oh so true on the cat in a box. So glad ours actually use their cat trees!

Kate said...

Very pretty Dresden Plate block! Glad you mojo is back in working order. You've definitely made the most of it!

sunny said...

I'm so far behind on blog reading. You've definitely got your mojo back. Love those little scissors! How fun.