document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Sunday, May 23, 2021

HAPPY SUNDAY--EVERYONE!!

 For me it was a hot and sweaty week--though--our temperature's here in Florida were lower than up north --can you believe that--we only had 80-85 degrees here and a strong breeze--up north is was 90 and hot and humid--wow!!!  But our heat and humidity gets turned up on  Wednesday here--soooo???

It was a good week to work up my sweating-with doing alot of spring cleaning, sorting, and rearranging--I am not totally done--but the rest I need help for--so at least now I can get back to some real sewing!!

So I mainly just did alot of hand work late afternoon's and knitted in the evenings--

I got the second pin cushion top finished-

more red yo-yo's made up--

Still have more yo-yo's to stitch up!

the rest of the 9 hexagon's I had cut out and cut the pieces for all--are all now tacked on--

some stitchers like to do the sewing down as they go with the putting on the beads, ribbons, and such--or they use a bit of glue here and there-I like to actually take tiny tiny stitches with #80 thread and catch each little curve, or lace trim--also stitch the long edges down in the seam lines--
now I get to play with the beading on these!!!

And you can see I am nearly half way finished with the stitching on this last block on the Farm house series--hopefully this will be finished this week!!!!

And my new plant stand came in and I got it put together and my plants all arranged on it--the plants are all in baskets-

I love that now my plants are up higher and will catch some sunshine--and more light!!!  But I used all my baskets on this stand--so I will just have to 'force' myself to go shopping for more baskets one of these days real soon!!!!

And in my birthday card from my sister June--she sent me a old photo of me--
I am not sure it is me--if so I am about 5-6 years old-- I think--and that white thing on the left of me-is suppose to be some kind of mixer that my mother got for Christmas--again--not sure it is mom's--cause where we were living at this time--we were very poor and did not even have food to eat--but I have framed it and will say it is me--so where is my Christmas gifts--and where is my sister June who would of been about 3???
Our pasts can be as mysterious as our futures sometimes!!

MY THE FORCE BE WITH US FOR MORE SEWING THIS WEEK--
HUGS, DI




5 comments:

Carol said...

You have been very busy, Di! Everything looks so nice! I'm glad you have been getting some sewing done along with putting things together and arranging. -) HUGS!

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Cute pincushion top, Di, and I love your new plant stand! xx

Maria said...

As it’s getting hotter for you it’s colder here....
Good to finish the nice pincushion and lovely hexies....
Can’t wait to see all the Farm Houses complete....
Your plants look great on the stand.

Chookyblue...... said...

have fun with those pretty hexies.......

carol fun said...

Love the hexies, Di... oh we had the full gamut of weather last week... 90s on M/T and only 55 and rainy by Saturday... now I'm off to sew a bit! Have a great week!