document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Sunday, May 30, 2021

SOMEONE NEEDS TO TALK TO--

 Me--Di--about posting more often--I seem to be on this once a week thing--just Sundays--hummm????

I do have sewing to show you though--

Today--like this very afternoon--I finally got out the bag of the blue hearts--you remember that sewing them together was May's OMG project and other than taking them out for their photo the first part of May--well--they stayed in the bag until today--nothing like rushing around at the last minute!!!

I discovered I had 11 blocks with the blue background and 40 blocks with the white backgrounds--so this is the plan --I did plan it out on paper and then this afternoon--I fired up the sewing machine and away I went 

And here it is--in all it's pretty blueness!!! I kept it really simple--and it was fun to sew the blocks together and not have to measure and cut lattice or corner pieces--!!!

Thursday morning I was 'happy dancing' around here--did you hear me???
Cause after 4 months of steady cross stitching every morning--
Look what I finished--
There is an outer border that the author added--I don't think I want to stitch that on--
I changed several things on this piece--the order of which blocks went where--and I have alot more cardinals on mine --and a few things I changed the colors on--like the boots on the girls--a couple roof colors and all my people and critters have 'eyes'--I really did enjoy stitching this (ok--I did alot of whinning on doing those white frames on each block!!!!)

On Thursday afternoon--Shauna came to help me --finally got up the curtain rod, curtain--more ivy and the new fairy lights that my daughter sent me for Christmas--



This window is very hard to photo cause of the Sun--this string is a big set of lights and oh so pretty-we have them set to change to about 4-5 colors and it is slow and pretty going from one color to the next!! and I love the ivy--the way she pinned it to the front of the curtain in a loopy style and then added the fairy lights to the ivy!!!  ( I have ordered a second set of fairy lights for over my hutch)  these lights are a plug in style--not battery kind!

Yesterday I played with beads all afternoon--


I got this new case so all my beads would be in one place--and see that little tiny spoon--it finally earned it's keep around here--

I had this set of small beads in this plastic contain and needed something to scoop them out with and transfer each color bead to a little container--
Then yesterday I played with them some more with one of the hexies-

I really did not know about the 'sizing' of beads and wanted to see which size worked the best for these hexagons--and decided I needed the 08--3mm size--so went shopping online (as I mostly have 06--and they are a bit large) and have ordered some --ok--alot of beads for these project --but I may also use some beads on the hearts I am doing each month and maybe even on the angels for each month--and by ordering them in sets like I did-I saved a ton of money--the tubes of each one in the Bead store is an average of $4 or more per color--this way--for the same amount--it is less than a dollar a color--so????

And I did get these two pincushions finished--


Ok--time for dinner and then time to watch the races--they don't start till 6:30 pm tonight!!

DON'T FORGET TO THANK SOMEONE IN THE MILITARY TOMORROW--
HUGS, DI


6 comments:

Julierose said...

Just love the blue hearts, I like the occasional dark backgrounds a lot...
Funny cartoon--you always give me a smile and a lift on your posts...hugs, Julierose

Maria said...

Blues are my favourite colour so love your Hearts....
Also love your completed cross stitch and I wouldn’t put on a border either .
Fairy lights look great and lovely pincushions too.

Carol said...

As usual, your posts always spur me to action. I'm doing a birth announcement x-stitch for my new granddaughter due in July, so your latest post of finishes/progress makes me pull out my stitching. :-) Thank you!

I absolutely LOVE the wintry x-stitch project! I know it took a long time to complete, but well worth the wait! All your other projects are coming along too.

HUGS!!!

Deb A said...

Those blue hearts look great set that way! Great job on getting her to a top.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Everything you make is just gorgeous! I love old timey looking designs and the little pincushions are very sweet. I could probably try one of those...maybe! lol Hugs!

Kate said...

You had a really productive week. The hearts are sweet and your cross stitch is pretty amazing. That's a lot of stitching. Enjoy your bead work. Looking forward to seeing what else you've been up to.