document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Wednesday, June 30, 2021

A FULL YEAR OF 'DIRTY DOZEN' PROJECTS

Last July--2020 I joined in with the Dirty Dozen challenge over at:

chickenscratchcountrythreads.com we had to make a list of 12 projects for the year and number them--each month she gives us a number and we have to work on that project for the month--hopefully finishing the project--

I am happy to say that I worked on a total of 12 projects and have total finishes for '7' if them and the other '5' are now in the basted stage--just waiting for the hand basting!!!

Those that are all finished are--

Petals and posies-(started 2015 was just blocks)


Apron quilt-Crabapple hill blocks-started in 2019

Dresses--most are my own design and done in applique-started in 2018--some blocks--some I had to finish even-I believe --if I remember right-this is the second top--seems I didn't like the first one and took it all apart and redid it????
Small basket quilt--I started this one back in 2014 or sooner--was just blocks--
may have had to finish some too!

Singing in the rain--a new project--that needed to be finished to donate--
Another newer project that needed to be finished and then mailed out to friends-

This one is from the Buttermilk Basin company--and was a BOM and is wool and flannel--


The next part is quilts that are waiting now to be hand quilted--
only one was a top--
the Bee quilt--
I also designed a couple of these blocks--and I colored mine in--

Scrappy Orchid quilt--only blocks--

Blue hearts--just blocks--
30's Basket quilt--
only blocks--that I started back in 2015 or so and slowly worked on and off with them since then-
And the problem 'child' quilt top--
The Blessings blocks-
Remember this was the first top--way too much dark grey--so took it all apart and this is the one that will be quilted--

I have my list all made out for this next year--only most all of them are blocks from 2020-2021--
Once the quilts above are hand quilted--all my old ufo's will be all finished--can't believe that!!!

So a BIG thank you  to Country Threads for this challenge--I couldn't --wouldn't have done all these projects with you!!!

HOW ARE YOU DOING ON YOUR UFO PILE??????
HUGS, DI










4 comments:

Deb A said...

You did really great finishing up things with that challenge! My pile of UFO's is slowly going down.....but will always be active since there is always that fun new project to stitch.

Carol said...

All I can say is WOW! Awesome end of the year! That is a good challenge for anyone. Thanks for sharing all your lovely projects! HUGS!

sunny said...

Such perseverence! Our small groupl does something similar, and it sure helps motivate me to get things finished! Between that and Quarantine, most of my UFO's have been finished. It feels good to check things off the list, doesn't it?

Karen said...

Awesome! Way to get those UFOs to the finish line! WooHoo!