document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Thursday, August 12, 2021

NEW ANGELS--

 Well I am happy to say that--

'3' new angels now live here--

In this month's color of Aqua/turquoise/teal--
and all three are sporting new fabrics that came in the mail this week!!!!

Yesterday I went to put away the new Christmas fabrics I had gotten in the mail--
and I discovered that tote was already full--a messy kind of full at that--so out it came and I sorted and and put each color into a pile--reds--greens--whites with bits of color-blacks-small novelty prints--larger prints--and when done each pile got placed into it's own bag and put back into the tote--so it will be really easy now to find what I want--now I just need a nice block of the month or week using Christmas fabrics to show up in blog land for us to make!!!!  Oh wait--do I really need another Christmas quilt????  why of course I do!!!!

I have been going out on our patio around 11am each morning and knitting on the baby sweaters before coming in around 11:30 or so to pick up my lunch--and where I sit in the wicker chair off to my right--I have been watching an area right across the driveway where lots of black butterflies fly around--and I often get to see or to listen to birds in that area--and for some reason there there is a 'dead' old palm tree between 2 taller palm trees--
and this week I noticed some changes in the dead part on the top---
Can you see what I see????
I think this tree looks like an ostrich!!!!  It has the long bill and the hooded eyes even???
What do you think or see????

Well-- I am off to stitch up a 'bat'--at least I think that is the plan!!!

CALL A FRIEND AND VISIT FOR A FEW MINUTES--BE SURE TO SAY--I LOVE YOU BEFORE YOU HANG UP--
LUV, DI 









10 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

That palm tree definitely has a face! How crazy is that! Love the funnies and all the pretty things you are working on! Stay safe this week! Hugs!

Janice said...

Some sweet little angels in pretty colours. I didn’t see an ostrich. I saw a dinosaur in among the palms.

sunny said...

I totally see the ostrich! How cool is that? Love your angels

Carol said...

Di, you are living up to your reputation as a taskmaster. I love all your ideas and the finished work is a joy to behold. Be safe...."Fred" is coming your way. HUGS!!!

Maria said...

Oh yes I see the ostrich!
Lovely Angels 👼 👼

Deb A said...

I see it too! There seem to be a lot of palms dying like that around the state. I wonder what is causing it? The angels are looking great.

Maggie said...

Ostrich definitely. Love the Angels. A friend use Christmas fabrics for all her test blocks she has a beautiful collection of just Christmas quilts. She use the test blocks to make these quilts with, so the test ones is not just that blocks. A very clever way to make two quilts at the same time. Have a wonderful week.

Jenny said...

Yes, I can see the ostrich lurking in your garden!

Raewyn said...

Sweet angels Di, I love them in those colours :-) Oh yes, definitely an Ostrich - how fun!!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Those new fabrics made some super sweet Angels for the RSC, Di!!