document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Sunday, August 15, 2021

SLOWWW SUNDAY--

 It's been a bit of slow going, kinda of, day for me--

I did do some slow stitching this morning on this cross stitch project--

I just need to put the right side on the umbrella and then there is some stitching  to do under the pail!!

I did do some stitching this week--

I got a charm pack of this line and split it with my friend -Alice in VA and we are doing challenge piece with them--we can add 2 other fabrics to this line and we can make what ever we want--
I do have the next step planned--so, you will have to wait to see what I am doing --later!!!

I finished knitting a new shawl--

I have not blocked this yet--and this is done in cotton yarn!!
This afternoon while watching the NASCAR race I started a second shawl with this pattern--
in really bright colors--again with cotton yarn!!

And I am now working on hand quilting around the flowers--

hope you can see the stitching here--still have a few blocks to do of the flowers--
then I have to decide where I am going with the hand quilting from there????

Well--no Fred for us and it looks like Grace might by pass us too--but it is still early in Hurricane season to know if one or more will come through Florida--I believe Covid is stampeding though Florida though!!???

I JUST WANT TO SAY--HAVE A GREAT WEEK IN WHAT EVER YOU PLAN TO DO WITH IT!!
HUGS,DI




4 comments:

Deb A said...

Yes, we got lucky both storms are avoiding us. Lets hope it continues for the next few months...i think we have enough on our plates! I've been on the other end of that pounce from the cats =) Happy stitching.

Carol said...

I'm glad you dodged the Fred/Grace "bullets", and am keeping those prayers going that you avoid the rest of the storms that may come to call.

Lovely stitching! How in the world do you sew when watching racing?! I have to have NO noise when I'm trying to sew! lol HUGS!

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Love the cute beach block! I heard about your challenge to Alice - what fun! Looking forward to seeing what you both come up with! xx

Maria said...

Good progress on the beach cross stitch…
Pretty shawl..
Lucky both hurricanes 🌀 missed you.
Stay safe .