document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Sunday, August 22, 2021

SUNNY-SUNDAY HERE--

 We have had some hot humid days here on the east coast of Florida--but I am so luckily right here, cause most days--there is a nice breeze--now--Friday --that was a different story--had a breeze--but it was a 'hot' one!!!!

So lets see what did I do this week????

I worked on the teal yo-yo's--

I have just 4 more to make--then this month I will have 49 I have done--(must be I really like this color??)

For sewing--it was mainly hand applique--working on the Halloween piece--

So there has been some applique done on the front of this panel that I sewed together--

And I have continued to spend some time each evening on-


hand quilting on this quilt--

Rest of the time seems to have spent on knitting--

I am going outside 2x a day lately--at around 11am and I knit until time to pick up my lunch in the dinning room--then again around 2:30 in the afternoon for awhile just visiting with other residents and knitting away!! On the baby sweaters!

Have 2 other projects I am working on right now too--

a new shawl with this yarn--
and always have a pair of socks in the works--

I need to step up the sock knitting--Christmas is getting here really fast--
so I also got these new sock yarns in this week--

And I did get my "Summer" counted cross stitch piece finished--


This did say--Think Summer--but living in Florida--it is summer year round!!!!!  And I did change the color of the sunglass frames from black to the white--much better!!

And I spent one day--using this cute wrapping paper--


Wrapping birthday gifts and getting them boxed up and over to the post office for my friend, Anne, back in NY--she has her 83rd one on Aug 26th!!!!  (she will love this paper--as she loves her kitties)

The last two days I have been playing--Ok-going a bitalot 'crazy' trying to learn a 'new' cell phone--


I think this new one does everything but cook my dinner--my old one was 6 years old (I thought it was only about 4 years old) I bought this one from QVC--it is a Trac-phone but came fully loaded for only $64--and enough time on it for about a year!!! Now if I could just figure out what I did wrong in setting it up--so it will let me put my phone list in it????????????????   And I have to remember to turn it on --on the side--where as the old one the button was on the top!!!

And somehow I slipped up yesterday--when I got into bed last night it hit me--I had not picked up a sewing needle even once during the day--only knitting needles--OUCH--hope the needle police don't show up!!

I PRAY FOR EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU WHO READ THIS BLOG--THAT YOU WILL STAY SAFE AND HEALTHY--

HUGS, DI




5 comments:

Carol said...

How nice you get to sit outside and see the beach and work on your knitting while you get fresh air. I love all the progress you make daily. You stay safe too. HUGS!

Deb A said...

Well, you did have needle work it was just a wee bit longer than a sewing needle! Love the yo-yo's. Glad you get to enjoy some outside visiting. Wish I had that beach breeze - gets a wee bit hot inland.

Maria said...

Nice pile of teal/aqua yo-yos there…..
You have been doing a lot of knitting and I like your new yarns….
Nice progress on the cross stitch..

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

You've got a lovely bunch of projects on the go Di! Stay cool and safe xx

Kate said...

I really like your Halloween project, it's got some cool fabrics in it. Congrats on all the progress last week. Hope this week has been as productive and fingers crossed, cooler.