document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Sunday, September 5, 2021

OH-FUDGE-----

 I start my mornings out with some counted cross stitching--

So this morning I was starting to put the pink rows in for the ribbon at the top of the little jars-

I had started the third row of the dark pink--
when--
OH FUDGE--
I discovered I was off one thread--so went looking to see if I could find the error--

and found it in the white part at the upper top of the jar--which meant--
from that X up and the white rows at the top of the jar all had to come out--
I had done one X taking in '3' threads instead of '2'!!!
So I unstitched the 2 row of white and the rows of pink thread--

And now here is where I left off for today--it was worth it to fix it--looks better now!!!

And I got one smaller quilt top sewn up using the 9 patch blocks with the black centers from last years 'color of the month' stitching--


This top and the star top--plus leftover blocks from each one will get packed up and sent to NY to Anne to finish off for charity quilts!!! And if  you study this one and the other one--you will notice a design in each one!!

And--here is where I am on the cat blocks quilt piece--

Each of the cats were fussy cut and then appliqued onto the block--

Top row--notice just how 'skinny' those tails are--maybe an 1/16 of an inch wide--but I was able to needle turn them--!!!!


middle row--


And bottom row--I did do the green stripped cat twice--first and last block--to make up the 9 blocks--picked that one cause of the mouse!!!

I can't decide how to finish this--I do not have enough of the white cat all over print for the 2 sides--though I have found this line--online--and I can get this all over print in a light blue back ground, too--so am thinking  that might be nice and get more of the black paw print for the binding--but haven't pushed the pay button yet???

HAVE A SAFE HOLIDAY WEEK END PLUS A DAY OFF--

HUGS, DI







5 comments:

Deb A said...

Bummer on the cross stitch removal. Love those cats - they are so cute. Those frogs in the wheel chairs.... too funny.

Chookyblue...... said...

It's just worth it to pull it apart and get it right.....

Maria said...

The cross stitch does look better when you re did it..
Lovely RSC quilt and cute cats….

sunny said...

Sorry your little jars caused problems, but they sure are cute!!

Kate said...

You've been making great progress on lots of things. Sorry for the unsewing and resewing, but it really was worth the effort. Love those cats! You did an amazing job with those tails!