document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Wednesday, January 12, 2022

A REDO--ALREADY!!!

 Well--only 12 days into 2022 and I have had to do a 'redo' on a new project!!!

But first here is a finish--

Block #10 in the snowmen blocks--this one is asking for more snow!!!
And I did add something to him--his scarf--otherwise he looked sooo cold!!!!

And a cross stitching project--

This is actually from the same blog posts as the snowman series--
she is doing a set of '4' of these--seasonal--I did the snowman one first and he will be going into my red truck once I get him made into a little pillow--I am now stitching the Fall one she gave us--and then will be waiting for the spring and summer ones!!!

Now here is my--redo project--
I decided I wanted to actually make the blocks each month on
 Quilt Doodles site--
And here is January's--

All prepped and ready for applique (that is how I do mine--applique)
I first make a mistake on the watering can and had to redo part of it--
got that done, last evening and all the watering can appliqued down--
Wellll--
this morning something occurred to me--
first I believe this is a monthly series with birds each month--and the birds on the original tag showed yellow and black birds and that is what I thought I was doing on this one--
but then--I remembered reading the word--Junco on the top of the pattern--opps--
Junco's are not yellow and black--
so back to the fabric bins
 and I redid all the pieces in different colors--
and I have about half of the watering can redone--(much easier to do this time--after a trail run)
oh--why did I change the watering can--felt I wanted a lighter 'grey' on this one than what I was doing--also changed the color of the flowers to a lighter blue--but we haven't gotten that far yet--so who knows????


And if anyone is interested--you know that I have been doing the February Stitch Daily from the Crabapple Hill Studio site--and she just posted this years patterns and supply list--and it is all birdhouses--how cute!!!  I got my pattern printed out and ordered the couple threads I didn't have in my stash yet--this will be my 4th year doing this project.

And just what have you been up to?????  Anything new????
hugs, di





3 comments:

Deb A said...

I'm not sharing my cats! They are keeping me warm =). I plan to get a little hand quilting in tonight, if I can get off the computer.

Joyce Carter said...

Hi Di. Cindy's BOM is one that I want to do. So I will keep that in mind when I do the birds and make sure I use the right colors.

Kate said...

How frustrating, that really was a renovation, not just a redo. Hopefully this next week goes much more smoothly on the stitching front.