document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Saturday, January 15, 2022

SOME NEW SEWING

 I finally got some new sewing done--

first I have needed to make myself a new eye mask for bedtime wearing--when you live in apartment buildings there is always alot of outside lights so even at night your place is fairly lit up--

so a new eye mask is made--meow!!!

and I needed some new masks--
I know the 'newest' theory is that 'masks' don't protect you--BUT--they have been telling us for 2 years now that they do protect us--maybe they don't totally protect us--but I am sure they do help--so I am going to continue to wear them--for my sake and for  yours!!

And here is the new little pillow for winter --in counted cross stitching--
Doesn't Mr. Snowman look 'handsome' in the back of the sexy Cracker Barrel truck???
Ohh--I want to go to Cracker Barrel and have some lunch----!!!!

And now I have a decision to make--
I am planning to do the SAHRR again this year (stay at home round robin)
but can't decide which orphan block to use--
Block #1

Block #2

Or Block #3

Both block #2 and block #3 are wool on fabric backgrounds--

And--
we got a flyer the first of December here about a door decorating contest--
and so I went all out and did my door--
with 4 big red stockings with one item in each one and a small wrapped package--
and other things around them--the back ground was red and white paper--( can't find my photo!)
The flyer said there would be 3 prizes--first, second, and third and the first place one's photo would get sent into the big big main office and they would pick a first prize from all those entries for a $100 gift card-----But our office here did not realize they had to give the gift cards for first, second and third prizes and they sent in all their photos--until I pointed out--they had read the flyer wrong--
to make a long story short, as they say--I got a phone call yesterday afternoon with the news that I had won this buildings 2nd prize--

Which is a $25 gift card--and she said that I had made a lot of folks happy--cause--9 people got gift cards (there is 3 building here that each had 3 winners) they wouldn't of gotten if I hadn't spoke up and told them they read the flyer wrong!!!!  It has taken them till mid January to figure it out--but hey--I will take a gift  card anytime!!!!

I am cold--and I will have to turn my heat on --yep--here in Florida--I thought it would heat up enough outside today so I wouldn't have to--after all the sun is shinning and sky is a pretty solid blue--but--it's really chilly in here!!!!!!

So keep on planning those sewing projects and planning ahead--
hugs, di 








5 comments:

CathieJ said...

I long ago switched to the KN95 masks, so I don't make them anymore. I believe they keep me and everyone else safe. I really like the fabrics that you used. I like the night mask also. I like all of your projects. I wish I could see your winning door decor. Congrats on the prize.

Joyce Carter said...

Congratulations on winning the door prize. That is really awesome. Have fun spending it.
I like block #1 for the round robin, but you should chose the one you like best
I love your masks. They are all so pretty!
Well, we got a couple of inches of snow last night and it is sooo pretty. But it isn't the kind you get to play in. The wind is really getting up and our power has been flickering on and off. I have a feeling it will go off before the day is over. We have a generator so we should be okay.
Stay safe!

Joyce Carter said...

Oh! I meant to tell you. Vicki at calicopatchdesigns.com has started a new BOM called Linens and ? (something), but the designs will be a lot like your block #1.The linens are very pretty and would be wonderful if you had some hankies to use as them. This is one I want to do. Check it out. I think you will like it too.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

The chickens are So funny! Hubby and I both had a laugh! I'm so proud of you for winning 2nd place! I bet yours was the best one of them all! Enjoy your week. We stayed inside for a couple of days with all this wind! Did you get high wind? Hugs!

Kate said...

Congrats on all the necessary stuff sewing. We are back to the if you aren't by yourself, you have to wear a mask at work. We've had lots of people out with COVID, but there has been no spread at work, so I think the masks do help. Congrats on the 2nd place, that's really cool. Hopefully it has warmed up a bit, it's still pretty cold here.