document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Friday, January 21, 2022

CURVES--

 There is the 'curves' that life throws at us 'now and then' to be sure we are 'awake' and to challenge us--we have all had them--

But today's curves are all about the Round Robin stitch along--and our first challenge was to make a curve border for the center block we choose!!

Here is where I am with that challenge so far--


I still need to do the 4 corner pieces--but I think I will wait and see what step 2 challenge will be and maybe that will work for them???

And I got snowman block #11 finished--


And I have #12 traced out and some stitching done on it--

And I finally did get the first block of Quilt Doodles bom stitched--

here is my Junco's--

Because I do needle turn applique--I had a struggle with the blue flowers--so as I had my tote of wool out for another project--I decided I would do wool flowers on these--much better--they are done with a blanket stitch around each petal--!!

And two more little pillows got cross stitched for my cracker barrel truck--

one for Fall--


and one for Valentines day!!!

And I got a small fabric order in today's mail--
I wanted pinks--and yes these are pinks-but again--not the shade I am looking for--though--they looked like the right shade online--guess I just need to go to a quilt shop and look for my own pinks--don't fear--these will get used--just not on the project I wanted to do!!

oh--and--LOOK what did---

jumped into the cart too---saying--there is some 'pink' cats on this piece of cloth too!!!!

Weather has been warmer here the last 3 days--so have been able to get outside some and that felt good--but-tonight it gets chilly again and for the next week they are saying a high of only 65--nights between 40-50's--so back to sweaters and the heat being on--I try to tell myself--cheer up--at least I don't have to shovel snow!!!!!

HOW MANY NEW PROJECTS DID YOU START SO FAR IN 2022????
HUGS, DI








4 comments:

Raewyn said...

I love your Round Robin - very lovely! Your Quilt Doodles block is gorgeous. I like your cross stitch pillows too. Nice mail - even if they were the wrong pinks. So far no new projects for me Di, but it won't be long before they start....!

Maria said...

Great start with the Round Robin and good idea waiting to see what the next step will be.
Nice Quilt Doodles block and the felt make perfect flowers.
Pretty wee cushions for the truck.
Oh love the Kitty fabric as well as the pinks...

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love that cute Valentines pillow in the truck. I'm keeping my card open in a tab on my computer to go back and look at it again and again. Thanks for remembering me! Hugs, Diane

Kate said...

Your cross stitched pillows are all really cute. What a fun holiday display. You got a good start on the SAHRR project. I'm not playing along, so it's been fun to see what everyone else is doing.