document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Saturday, January 8, 2022

BRAIN WORK OUT--

 I do believe I gave my 'brain' a good workout all week!!!

Ordering groceries on line is a 'brain work out in itself'--then the waiting to see if they can find where I do live--our apartment building is 4 stories high--but--it does not sit on main street like other buildings--our parking lot is in the front--our building sits on the back half of the lot--and now--with the new hi-rise apartment complex one building down from us--deliveries can show up there instead of here!!!



but I am very happy to say--that both of the  groceries orders, did make it to right address---

then there was all the cleaning and sorting and re-organizing I did this week--

here is my closet --before photos--of the fabric stash shelves--


looks like an avalanche ready to happen--or an explosion of fabric in the making!! 

and after 2 days of sorting and making decisions on what to 'toss' and what to keep--

here is the after photo--


Much Much better--I might even get inspired to sew now!!!  3 bags of odds and ends went to a neighbor who says she wants to make quilts for her grandchildren!!!

And here is the shelves on the opposite side of this  closet--that holds yarn, wool, cross stitching supplies, and sewing notions--before photo--


I think this mess wanted to fall over--

but look now--

much better and lots better in the organizing of things for me--though after I do this--I often can't remember 'where' the better place is when I need that odd item!!!
and here is a photo of the top shelf--

that top shelf only needed a bit of cleaning up--and as you can see my clothes hang in the middle of this closet--!!!

I have made it outside each afternoon around 3pm--and walked down to the main street and sat on the bench for 10 minutes in the sunshine--at that time of day--there is very few other tenants around (they are all home taking 'naps'!!)

I did find some fabrics for a couple projects I plan to start next week while I was doing all the sorting--and I nearly have all the embroidery done on another snowman block--#10--should finish him off tomorrow and each evening I have done some hand quilting on the basket flower quilt--so I am still 'stitching' each day!!!

Did you do any organizing this past week????
hugs, di

who said 'seniors' can't climb trees!!!!!!




5 comments:

Maria said...

OMGoodness what a Hague stash and you did a great job of tidying…..
Pleased your groceries arrived at your apartment…

Julierose said...

Good for you getting all your "stuff" organized so well..i think it's amazing that when you do that--you find all kinds of fabrics and wools you forgot you even had on hand!! Inspiring new works, for me...hugs, Julierose

Deb A said...

Glad the groceries arrived. I have never tried the online ordering. Quite the bit of organizing you have been doing. Enjoy that sunshine on the walks. I was out for a long walk around that time yesterday as well.

sunny said...

LOL! I do a lot of curbiside orders for groceries, and the exciting part is seeing how much of what you ordered actually makes it into the car. Canned cat food? Forget it. That's the worst one, but I never give up!! I'm working on finishing up a bunch of small projects. The ones that I have to move everytime I want to work on something. No MOre. 22 place mats made in the past few days. And I've finally figured out how I'm going to baste my giant quilt. And there's a bog of fabric and scraps headed off to charity tomorrow. So I am making progress!!!! And I'm going to attempt hand quilting a small wall hanging. Wish me luck!

Kate said...

It's always so much easier to work once you've had a good reorg.