document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Sunday, May 29, 2022

THIS WEEK'S WORK--


 I have May's bird block finished--

I did the Eastern Bluebird this month as I did the Robin last month with the daffodils!!  I do all hand applique on these blocks -- not the machine kind--so these blocks take awhile each month--!!

 Remember this block??

the "I goofed one"--

well look at it now--


all 'my' stripes are going in the right direction--see what a bit of unsewing can do for you!! (And I am so glad I caught it before I had all the blocks stitched together!!)  And talking about the other 8 blocks--they are done and I am now ready to sew all 9 blocks together--


And here is where I am on the counted cross stitching piece--more done, but missed a couple mornings of being able to work on it-


And yesterday afternoon I worked on this piece and got the blue quilt stitched in while watching the Nascar Truck race--

And--
would you believe I am on the 'last' block of the linen quilt for hand quilting--now to find a binding fabric for it this week???

And here is were I am on this pair of knitted socks-


And here is a surprise photo--for me--


When I took this photo last evening--I took it cause the clouds had funny shapes within them and at that time they just looked like white clouds--but when I down loaded the photo today--the clouds are pink!!!! They sure didn't look pink to me last night!!!!????

I am not going to say one word about what is going on in America or anywhere else--cause I just don't have any words for it--just tears--sooo

Do take care and try to have a good happy week with stitching and family and friends--

hugs, di





4 comments:

Julierose said...

Lovely projects you have going; nice save on that block, too;)))
As you say, nothing can be said about our World and our country right now--just so sad--hugs, Julierose

CathieJ said...

Your memes made me smile. I love your embroidery and your cross stitch. That "oops" block looks much better with all the stripes in the same direction. Your hand applique is so pretty.

Maria said...

Pretty bird block and pleased you fixed the next one before you had sewn them together.
Lovely cross stitch and stitching project.
Great outdoor photo.

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Lovely projects as always! The stripes do look better going the same way so it was worth unpicking :) xx