document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Sunday, June 12, 2022

NEEDLES OF ALL KINDS

 I realize that I use all kinds of different needles each day in my work--

I start my day with counted cross stitch needles--they look like a regular needle only the points are duller and more round--and here is where I am on the current project--

I cross stitch for about on hour after breakfast!!  Am enjoying working on this project--so 'thanks' goes to whoever was doing this one last year or so and showed it on their blog post!!

Mornings I go outside around 11 am and wait till time to come in and pick up lunch from the dinning room and visit with a couple friends and while out there I usually am knitting on a baby sweater--another kind of a needle--a circular needle this time--

Then after lunch if there's time I work at the sewing machine--this time the needle is in a machine--
and this week--I finally--after a busy week--got to do some machine stitching yesterday and got these blocks sewn together--
I have the outer border ready to sew on to it--but have decided it needs a small--about an 1" strip --around these blocks to 'frame' it first--so am working on that!

Then mid afternoon I am in the rocking chair and do some different stitching--
this week I worked with some applique needles--they are longer and thinner than normal needles--
On this month's bird block I did a reverse project--usually on these the flowers are done in wool--but this one--I fussy cut out lilac flowers from a nice print fabric I had, for the lilac's so I did wool Gold finches instead--where I used a larger thicker needle for the blanket stitch around them (and I decided using wool for the birds was so much easier than doing needle turn applique on them)!!!

and later after dinner I usually hand quilt--for this I use a short needle--and here is another photo of the quilt I am working on now to hand quilt--

and then even later if I am not too tired or my wrists aren't sore--I knit on socks--


this is were I am on the current pair--and for socks I use double pointed needles!!

Now on week ends--in the afternoons/ evenings I often work on two different projects--first there is the embroidery truck ones--again this uses a thicker needle with a sharp point--


This afternoon I will be working on the green stems and leaves and maybe the grass--this one is almost finished--

and then there is crewel embroidery that I am working on right now too--that needle is just a bit thinner that the embroidery one--

Note--you can see what I worked on this past week and compare the photos to last blog post a week ago--!!!!!

And on Saturday I got the correct layer cake in the mail--

So now I gotta get the Lavender quilt top finished so I can play with these yummy colors!!!

SO HOW MANY DIFFERENT SIZES OF NEEDLES DO YOU USE IN A WEEK--WOULD LOVE TO HEAR ABOUT THEM--
HUGS, DI









3 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I used a needle to get a sticker out of my finger last night....does that count? heehee! I think I would enjoy hand quilting. It sounds relaxing! Enjoy your afternoon my friend.

ButterZ said...

There’s lots of different needles to use. I use some short knitting needles for blanket blocks and dishcloths. Hand stitching needles for bindings. A needle for hand quilting, embroidery and then the machine needles for piecing and quilting.

Deb A said...

I found I like my roxanne 10's and use them for hand quilting and piecing. I've been using my crochet hook lately as well. Lovely projects.