document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Sunday, August 21, 2022

BATTING AVERAGE

 If I had to pick one sport that I could somewhat do a child/teen it was baseball--I could even hit the ball sometimes and almost run around the field--I do remember in high school one game we played in Gym class--I got so excited that I actually hit the ball--that I put my head down and ran for all I was worth and ran smack dap into one of the largest guys in the class--it  was like hitting a cement wall--and--you know me--I did that not once but twice in that game!!!!! (yep--ran right into that guy 2 times at first base!!!)

But here I am talking about our batting for quilting--

I managed to get not one, but two small quilts layered with batting and backing and then pressed and laid out and basted for hand quilting--and I even pieced 2 pieces of batting together for one of them--I do have alot of packaged batting right now--but I also have a nice pile of pieces--

My first quilt is this Christmas one--


and the second one is my new cat one--


This one is 9 blocks total---

right now, though I am hand quilting on the Christmas one!!!!

I also worked on these blocks this week--


These blocks are from last years stitch along from Jenny--I got the center blocks trimmed down and then added the 2 1/2" jelly roll frame--which made them 8 1/2" blocks--but --because the center items are so small--I decided to cut the blocks down to 7 1/2"--now to do the lattice and borders on them.

And most of my time this week was spent on counted cross stitching--


I spent time each morning an afternoon stitching on this one--by pinkern'punkin quilting--

and now have it this far--


the last square of the scarecrow is not totally finished--the corn stalks still need the corn and there is some black crows on this square--then I still have the bottom 3 squares to do and the top part to do--I might get it done by Fall--though it will be  a race--as Fall is nearly here--though here in Florida Fall doesn't really feel like  Fall until at least October!!!  

I was in the Dollar Tree one day this week and picked up this box of colored pencils--


and it has been a big help!!!

One afternoon right after lunch I was here on the computer reading blog posts and happened to look out the window and seen this--

Can you tell what is missing from this photo??????
The rain clouds that is putting the rain on my window--all I see is one little white cloud, blue skies and sunshine!!!!!!  But it was raining or trying to anyways!!!!!!

It was really humid here all week--so I was only out side in the mornings and that is also why I got so much more sewing done--needed to be inside!!!

TIME TO GET READY TO WATCH MY NASCAR RACE--IT'S IN MY HOMETOWN TRACK THIS WEEK END--WATKINS GLEN, NY--
HUGS AND BLESSINGS, DI





1 comment:

Quilter Kathy said...

Your stitchery is fabulous! I love Melisa's design and you are doing a great job!