document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Sunday, August 14, 2022

STEADY AS SHE GOES---

 At least I have to think I go on a steady path--which sometimes (or okay--more times that not--gets me into trouble--but somebody has to  have some fun sometimes, too!!)

As I was saying-- I have been steadily working on several projects--all at the same time--

So first some finishes--(so these 'balls in the air' get put way/displayed/or gifted!!)

I got a hand quilted project all done-

I had the basket block done along time and then last year--we were challenged to find a center block and each week they gave us a design to do, for each row to go around it--this was mine--a small wall hanging--I did do alot of hand quilting on this one!

and now I only have one quilt top basted for hand quilting left--so have started it--

this one is a much larger quilt top and is 6-7 pots of different colored orchids--this is my last 'old' top to hand quilt--everything else is now from about 2019 that needs finishing--I do have a couple tops that are smaller that this week I got the backs and batting ready for and will probably hand baste sometime this week--and I will probably start the hand quilting on the Christmas one--time will tell!!!

Got a couple monthly blocks done--first is our color of the month--Orange--

And here is my flower for August--

And then here is this months Bird block for August--Humming birds--
This month I was back to doing the flowers in wool and found just the right fabric in my stash with humming birds on it that were just the right size to fussy cut--But let me tell you--those long beaks gave me some more grey hairs trying to needle turn them!!!!  But I did it!!!!!
And here is all 8 blocks of the Bird blocks so far--

I believe we have 4 more to go on this one--

In my counted cross stitching projects--
this is where I am at on the ABC houses piece--


and like I said at the beginning of the post--I can get into trouble--all by myself--though this time I think I had alittle help from another blog post I read, Deb--and punker n punkin quilting--

and I started this new Cross stitch design she is doing --


Every day she is giving us a small design to go into each of 9 little frames--now as I said I can get myself into trouble and not even try--the color of thread I used for this 'frame' is called--Dark Chocolate and it was a full skein--but it will not be enough for this--at least not at the rate I seem to be using it--so that lead to an order at 123Stitch for thread--and one can't just order one skein of thread--one has to order some other colors and some more 28 ct linen cloth--right?????????

And yes--I am still knitting Baby sweaters--here is one of the lastest ones-


When I sit outside and knit on theses before lunch--everyone comes by to see what size and color I am working on--most don't seem to remember my name--but everyone knows the "lady who knits"!!!

And this weeks outside photo is--



This is part of the view I see when on the patio knitting--I have never seen this vine this color before--till about a month ago--when it started changing to this bright orange/rusty color--it really is quite pretty in real life against the green tree!!!!

WELL--THAT'S IT FOR THIS WEEK FROM THIS TROUBLE MAKER--

HUGS AND BLESSINGS TO ALL WHO READ THIS POST--DI



4 comments:

Julierose said...

Just a really lovely basket medallion quilt--love the surrounds you've added...
How funny and true with doggies!! Hugs, Julierose

Susie said...

That's a lot of lovely work there. I did laugh at that doggy pic, it's not the case in our house. He goes berzerk when the doorbell goes.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Congratulations on getting your hand quilting done. Such a beautiful quilt.Love the orange flower too- how cute. The hummingbird block is perfect for August. I have been watching the hummers today. They have been busy. I am so grateful that you are joining me in the Autumn Stamp SAL. It is looking beautiful . Lol I agree no floss should travel alone when you make a purchase. Happy quilting and stitching.

Deb A said...

Well, I have been called a troublemaker before! So fun you are joining in and are way past me already! Love the hummingbird and a finished quilt too! You sure do get a lot done while working on multiple projects. Have a great week and I'll try and send some rain to that side of the state for you!