document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Sunday, November 12, 2023

BUSY WEEK--PLUS STITCHING TIME---

 I had a really busy week--every day this past week I went some where's--in the mornings--so by afternoon--all I wanted to do was sit in my rocker and hand stitch and knit--

I did the first 'snowmen' block of the 'sal' finished in embroidery while watching the last NASCAR race of 2023--


Love how these are  coming out with the little coloring on them--this afternoon while watching old westerns I will be stitching on Block #2--


Another really sweet design my Melisa--

and talking about Melisa--this morning I finished one of her counted cross stitching patterns-


I did add eyes to the Santa--you know me--every face needs 'eyes'!!!  Just need to decide how I want to finish this one off--

And Here is this week's Sunbonnet Sues--


I have one more in the blues to applique yet--which would bring me up to 16--but that darn 'Di' just ordered a pretty set of plaids from Missouri quilts in one of their packs they have on sale--so now there will probably be at least 20!!!!  Her --excuse is--she needed some black Kona cloth and there was a nice charm pack on sale today for only $6--sooooo--gotta go for it--right?????

Now I had gotten behind on the Friday --weekly heart blocks--like by 4 of them--so one afternoon I worked on making up the patterns and matching up fabrics for them and then the last 2 days I have stitched more hearts--


the block in the lower right hand corner with the 3 hearts was for this week--week #41--!!!

Ok--I said I was busy this past week--Sunday was out to dinner at Red Lobster--then watching the race and Monday morning was the Van trip to Walmart and some shopping--Tuesday was the bus ride to Publix for groceries ( and we had '2' characters on the bus--one even got thrown off the bus!!!)  On Wednesday a friend and I went to the Jade Palace for lunch (Chinese) and then to a big Bealls for shopping--I found a couple Christmas gifts and 2 of my T-shirts on sale for only $6.00-- Thursday seen me walking downtown to the thrift store--Molly Mutts--it was a 50% off day--nice discovery-(plus they are closing and moving at the end of November--BOOOOOO!!!!) and then I went back on Friday--not a half price day--but still found some pretty Christmas cards and a couple Christmas ornaments and 2 packages of gold and white tinsel--that I forgot to take photos of--and Saturday--I did 3 big loads of laundry--(usually I only do one or two loads--three loads meant 10 trips up and down this long hall way!!!

So here is some photos of my treasures--


two pretty plates with my pink roses--couldn't decide which one I liked better--but seeing as they were only $2 each before half price--wellll---


and these 2--the bird one is a collectors edition and is numbered on the back--


and this is on the back of the big white one--I need to wash it and get all the sticker stuff off it!!

I also found a real bargain--

This silver tree--half price-- was only $3--and it looks new and is very shiny--I know that I wanted one last year or the year before and could not find one--have no idea if I want one this year or where I will put it--I got it!!!!!



and here is the collection of the new ornaments I got for me--there is 5 of the them--plus the Christmas scarf--the scarf is real silk too---!!

I do love all my new treasures--!!  I will really miss that store--didn't go a lot--apartment is too small for too many treasures--but did enjoy going now and then---

WE need rain here--but they say we might get some later this week--we've not had any rain in 4-5 weeks or longer--ouch!!  Temps are good 75-83--so that is nice--

WELL--JUST 10 DAYS TO THANKSGIVING--AND THEN----HO HO HO TIME!!!!

HUGS, DI





5 comments:

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

What is your favorite kind of stuffing?? Mine is a southern one--biscuits and cornbread mix--that I grew up on--my Dad was raised in Miami, FL--so he made my mother do southern dishes for some things!!!

Julierose said...

Your Roses plates are just beautiful--I love roses on anything;)))
I like cornbread mixed with Pepperidge Farm stuffing the best....
Hugs, Julierose

Kate said...

You've been busy in and out of the apartment. Love your Santa and all your heart blocks. You found some sweet treasures. Hard to believe the next week is Thanksgiving!

Deb A said...

Northern girl here - Mom always used Bells red box of stuffing mix, with cooked onion, celery and the chopped 'meat' from the boiled neck, and extras from the bird. Stuffed in the turkey of course. I can't find that box down here so use the pepperidge farm traditional bread stuffing with the added extra's like my Mom. So yummy. Sorry to hear that store is closing. The quilt shop close to me is closing as well. I don't go much, but it was nice knowing it was there. Have a good week. Rainy and dreary on this side of Florida today.

Crazyfox said...

Kudos on being a reliable source of insightful content. Thank you!