document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Sunday, November 5, 2023

NOVEMBER--THE FOOD MONTH!!!!!

 

Turkey--Pumpkin pie, cranberry sauce, sweet potatoes, corn casseroles, stuffing, gravy--- so who is hungry????

Here is what I 'cooked' up this week--in the sewing/quilting department--

First these are the newest Christmas hearts--


And here is some 'more' Christmas Sunbonnet Sues-


got me some blue Sue's in this bunch!!!  Really like them--but very hard to find blue plaids!!!

And here is the latest stitch along--

From Melisa--again this year she is giving us a monthly snowman block to embroider-I did the one 2 years ago--but skipped last year--so am all ready to do this one--we are coloring them in a bit with crayon--and I plan to do the main parts in shades of blue--but will do the actual snowmen/women bodies in white with orang noses and black face accents--
Plan to finish this one,  while watching the last NASCAR race of the season--this afternoon--oh --dear--then, what I am going to watch--???????????

Someone let a 'frog' lose in my apartment last Sunday--
And can you believe this quilt top went from this--

to these--
yep it took Courage to take this one above, all apart--for the 3rd or 4th time with these blocks of trying to put them into a wall hanging in the last 10 years--once again--
but part of it was my fault--these blocks were different sizes--and when sewed together like above--the seams were very crooked and uneven--soooo--time to start over once again--
And now I have '12' blocks that 6" square all the same--I hand sewed each block to the square--with centering that block to the square--and then I have ruffled out the side seams on each square a bit--
NOW to decide if I want to do lattice around the blocks and what to do for the border????

And for knitting --I am working on a couple little preemie  size baby sweaters--


Not sure where the week went--kept busy--but it doesn't seem like I have much to show for it??

HAVE YOU STARTED PLANNING YOUR THANKSGIVING DINNER??????
HUGS IN GRATEFULNESS--DI





4 comments:

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Do you have just turkey--or do you also have ham for Thanksgiving dinner??

Deb A said...

Just turkey here... and no I have not started planning! Probably the normal stuff - turkey, potato and gravy, stuffing, and Grandma's sweet potatoes with marshmallows. Way too much food for the small group we will have.
I think you found a great solution for the stitcheries. That snowball bucket is adorable! I am on the fence about doing that one.... but I have yet to play with crayons on embroidery so maybe I need to try it as a 'new' technique.?

Kate said...

Grad Girl hates turkey, so we discussed what the options would be for our Thanksgiving. Your Christmas hearts are such fun and so are you Sun Bonnet Sue blocks. Enjoy your stitching time this week.

Maria said...

Lovely stitchery for Thanksgiving.
Cute Christmas and Sun Bonnet Sue blocks.
Like you a spent ting ripping but now happy , hope you are too.
Such a sweet wee cardigan.