document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Sunday, December 24, 2023

AND HERE WE ARE--

 We can now say--it is Christmas--as today is Christmas Eve and tomorrow is Christmas Day--and Christs birthday---

But first we have to see what 'Di' has been up to this week--

She got one of the Snowmen blocks all stitched--

This one was a fun one to stitch for some reason--silly snowmen!!!  And I am about half way through the snowman with the quilt--have just started the quilt -- and I have this week's to trace off and color, too!!!

I also took a break and did some applique this past week--


two of the heart blocks I was behind on--these took some time--but worth it--still have one I am behind on and then we also got a new one on  Friday!!!

I did get the two new little pillows made up with the Christmas designs --



Just in time to use them in a display this year--

as for the one Cross stitching I am working on now with the mice--yes--I did get some more work done on them--am now on the tree--but it's a big tree--remember--

The second mouse is all in and some of the bottom of the tree!!!

Remember this wall hanging I was working on last year???

 

 I got the truck hand quilted--but that is as far as I went on it--that border for some reason--just didn't make me happy--so I put it away--

and this is what I did yesterday--after 'frogging' that border off--


Now to finish the hand quilting on this one---

And now to take a minute and look to the future--I decided to do this stitch along beginning Jan 1 or 2--


I ordered the panel and a piece to go with it for borders from Spoonflower--this is a Kathy Schmitz project--they suggest Valdani #12 thread in Primitive Blue--and it was not easy to find--finally found it on Anita's little stitching site and also ordered a lighter one that I thought would go nicely and it does--think it will add a nice touch to it----this is the blue one--there is 3 colors you can order--I do not call this blue--this is more of a teal to me--but still pretty!!!!

Now for the yarn stories--

but first look what a neighbor here in the building dropped off for me today--


2 complete bags of 100% cotton tread from Hobbi--she found them on the 'free' table on her floor and thought of me--I think someone will be having some fun with all this yarn in the new year--a nice early Christmas gift--

And now for an Update on JoAnn's--I tried again to cancel the order--you can not cancel a JoAnn's order once you do one on line--you can do a return once you get it!!!  the first of the week I got an email saying most of my first order had been shipped--mostly yarn--but it still has not arrived!! and I got an email later in the week saying all the rest of the second order was cancelled by them--so I will just be returning that order whenever it gets here--as all 3 of my new stockings are all ready knitted--I just need a few more Star wars button for my son's -- we are not doing Christmas until New Year's day--I have time to go to JoAnn's on the Van on Friday and pick some up--hoping they still have some in stock in the store!!!  I did get a nice email from Jo Ann's saying they were sorry and they sent me a 25% off coupon--so that is nice !!!!!

Well--All you Blog readers out there--

 I WISH YOU ALL THE VERY BEST FOR TOMORROW AND THE FUTURE--DON'T EAT TOO MANY CHRISTMAS COOKIES--!!!

BLESSINGS, AND LOTS OF HUGS, DI




3 comments:

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

did you get any cookies baked--so far I have not--bad me!!!
Merry Christmas--

Deb A said...

Merry Christmas! I have been baking cookies, but they disappear just as quickly!

Kate said...

You've got some very fun holiday projects in the works. The red truck is really fun, the red plaid border does look so much more festive. Hope you have a very Merry Christmas!