document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Sunday, December 31, 2023

LAST SUNDAY OF 2023--

 And the last day of 2023--it sure has been a fast year--with some surprises of course!!!

This week's projects and finishes are--

First up is this Angel--

And she is 'hot' off the press--I just finished her this afternoon and I started her yesterday afternoon-- This is a kit that I found in a thrift store a few years ago and I get her out every Christmas and say--I am going to make her this year--and then she gets packed away again--unmade--but I picked her up yesterday afternoon and said --this is it--She was a Creative Circle kit--1989--so she is old!!!  I did make her a little different in the finishing department--she has a loop on the back too that I can hang her on the tree if I want--that hair took forever to embroider on her!!!!

And I also did the finishing on this counted cross stitch of Melisa's this afternoon--

I did the stitching a couple months ago--another little pillow!!

And some Snowmen stitcheries got finished--
This one had a lot of extra stitching on him--but he's done--
and--

this one I finished the stitching on late last night--I may have to redo the letters on the banner flags to a darker color--but we will see--it says--snow!!!  This afternoon I got the next block traced but not colored in--instead I got the coloring done on the gingerbread cookies on the plate and worked on the stitching on them this afternoon--

And I did get this truck Christmas wall hanging all finished this week--

And I got '2' Heart blocks finished this past week--
and

Sewing on these tiny buttons were a challenge--my fingers don't work as well as they used to on tiny things!!!!!!!! And I had to add a cat button!!!

And I got this 'fox' as an cross stitch kit--


But--I love it just this way--so this is how I am going to display it for now--

Tomorrow is my Christmas with my son and daughter in law--at least that is the plan--their stockings are all done --except for the buttons-which I will do tomorrow--guess dinner will be here and then gifts--so tomorrow is really Christmas and not so much New Years day--though we are having a New Year's dinner--black eyed peas, spinach, corn bread--potatoes and chicken!!!
So will do photos of the stockings tomorrow after the buttons are on them--at least I hope I remember this time to do photos!!!!

And the JoAnn's trauma is over--I got the rest of the first order 2 days after Christmas and they canceled the rest of the 2nd order--as an --we're sorry for the delays they did send me a coupon of 25% off everything--I went to JoAnn's on the Van on Friday and did the return --some shopping and used the  coupon--so all is good--for now--anyways!!!!!!!  Thanks for listening--it was a rough month with them--it being Christmas supplies and such!!!!


And one of best accomplishments this week was finally getting the buttons sewn on '22' baby sweaters--which took 2 afternoons to do--and then getting them boxed up and over to the post office on Saturday morning--I'd been trying to do that since before Thanksgiving!!!!

I did look over my posts and photos for the past year for finishes and projects started and not finished in  2023--maybe tomorrow or Tues I will get to do a post on that---




SO IT'S TIME TO PRETTY MUCH SAY --GOOD-BYE TO 2023 AND HELLO TO 2024--
HUGS, TO ALL--DI





4 comments:

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Can you believe we have a whole new year to plan and to stitch wonderful things in--have fun--

Maria said...

Hope you enjoyed your special Christmas with family.
As usual you're working on sew many lovely projects.
Pleased you finally did the sweet Angel.
What a wonderful pile of cardigans you've knitted to donate.
Well done.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Happy New Year, Di and no I can not believe it is already 2024. How did that happen?LOL. Wow! You had a fabulous week. I just love the sweet little angel and it is a joy to see your progress on Mr. Snow. Your blocks are so beautiful. Aaah those teeny sweaters - well done! Have a wonderful day. Hugs.

Kate said...

Happy New Year! You were really busy the week between Christmas and New Year's. Hope you had a wonderful family Christmas. Looking forward to seeing what you get up to in 2024.