document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Sunday, December 10, 2023

I DO BELIEVE--

I believe that we have a new number--number 14--and that is Christmas Day-- just 2 weeks away is Christmas Eve--are we ready yet????

Me--no way--but I am chipping away at it each day!!!  what about you???

So--let's see what I actually got done in my regular stitching jobs--

First I did get Melisa's bowl of gingerbread men all stitched--now to decide how to finish it--

and I got last week's Snowmen block finished yesterday--

and in counted cross stitching I got the Santa piece all stitched--


and now to finish this one too!!!

Monday morning was the Van trip to big Dollar Tree and Publix-- and in the afternoon I took the bus to the Library to update my Library card and to actually get a book to read--about Christmas--and then got back on the bus and went to Bealls--I had remembered something there that I realized would make my new daughter in law a nice Birthday gift--her birthday is Dec 29th!!!

Tuesday was just a regular day--but problems with JoAnn's in ordering on line--I had done 2 orders for yarn for new stockings for the '3' kids--only--it's been over 2 weeks now and still no ship date--

Wednesday afternoon my dil and I went to the mall for lunch and she needed to shop for shoes--which she did not find anything she liked--but we had a good time--when we left there she took me across the street to a JoAnn's and I went in and got a skein of yarn to start one of the stockings-Now I had ordered Red Heart yarn--but in the store I did not like the looks or the feel of it at all--and ended up getting a skein of Caron yarn instead--about a $1 more--so worth it--

Now the rest of the week--was knit knit knit and I came up with this stocking--

this is 25" long--a bit long for a stocking--so this afternoon I did some unraveling from the top down and made it 19" long--

This-- to me-- looks more normal in length--this one is for the daughter in Illinois--She grew a sunflower this summer from a seed kit I gave her for her birthday and she loves mushrooms--so I found both buttons to put on it--

Have 2 more stockings to go and will be buying the yarn tomorrow to start them as still no word as to when my orders will ship--I will just return that yarn --when and if --it ever comes in!!!

Now in between breaks from knitting--I did do some Christmas decorating--and this year I have '4' trees up--first is the tiny one--


See it--there on the top shelf--it has my 'old' crocheted angels on it along with the rest of my angel collection--the bottom shelf has my 'old' miniature collection display!!

The next tree is on the kitchen table in the kitchen--


It has my 'old' mitten collection and some new ginger bread ornaments--the two bigger gingerbreads are 'old' too--just like me--they are probably a good 25 yrs old by now!!!

Another new tree--the silver tree--


This one is beside my desk where I eat breakfast each day and do a bit of paper work-it holds my 'old' glass ornaments--some of these are now-over 50 years old--but the stand up Santa is new this year!!

And then the new pencil tree this year--


I ended up doing the gold tinsel trim and my keepsake ornaments--most of these are 20-45 year old too--So I think I am saying--I am old!!!!!!

and did you notice the new 'kid' on the block--?????

the big soft furry Owl--I even found it an 'old' baby owl!!!!!!

Even Peter and Betty got their Christmas bows on!!

I still have some decorating to do--hopefully--

This morning I did get my Christmas Cards ready to mail out tomorrow--


Only 14 this year--I used to sent out a good 40 each year--2 books worth of Christmas stamps--but my list gets shorter every year now--so sad--losing so many good friends and family!!!

On a happy note--

this was the sunrise a couple mornings ago--



HOW ARE YOUR CHRISTMAS AND HOLIDAY PLANS AND PREP COMING ALONG??

BE SURE TO BREATHE AND RELAX NOW AND THEN--

HUGS, DI




 

5 comments:

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Do you hang up stockings?? And do you still fill stockings even for your adult kiddo's???

Deb A said...

Yes, stockings are filled for all in the house. Mom still filled adult stockings up until I moved at age 38! I still need to do Christmas cards. Love all your trees and that Santa cross stitch is adorable. Have a good week.

Kate said...

Love your mini Christmas trees. I think the silver one is my favorite. That sunflower stockings= is really fun. Happy stitching this week.

Julierose said...

Just loving the coloring work on your bowl of gingerbread men!! Really adds so much to the embroidery...Your little trees are so lovely;))) We didn't do ornaments this year, just let the changing colors trees be it.
Hugs, Julierose

Maria said...

Used to hung stocking many many years ago but haven’t for years.
Sadly this year just haven’t got the Christmas spirit so no tree or decos.
Much be the Grinch this year….
You’ve worked on many lovely projects and also decorated your home well.