document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Sunday, December 3, 2023

WHAT DOES THE NUMBER 21 MEAN???

 Well that is how many days till Santa comes and we celebrate our Christ's birth--all in the same day!!

Twenty one days--are we going to get all our 'ducks' in row by then???  Good question--right??

I did get my tree--fluffed--and my Christmas out of storage--but---

I would like to say that I got alot of stitching done this week--and I thought I had--but when I did the photos just now--it sure doesn't seem like much--

I did get some work done on the Ginger bread men--

They at least look like Gingerbread men--now for the next step--

And talking about Gingerbread men--have you seen the new embroidery from Melisa--

I got mine colored in with colored pencils just a bit ago--and will probably work on this next as I would like to finish it and enjoy it this year!!!

I also, got this week got #5 block of her snowmen series ready to embroider--
Sure looks funny now--before you do all the stitching---

and I got this month's December one traced out--


So lots of embroidery work to do--

And here is where I am on the next counted cross stitching project--

And I am now finished with the appliqued Sunbonnet Sues--


I will probably do '2' wall hangings--one with all the blue Sues and one with the red and green ones--it's funny sometimes how projects take a different direction than you had planned!!!!

Here is the tree all fluffed-


I still am not sure how I want to decorate this tree--??????????  May be by Christmas I will decide!!!!

And when I was doing some Christmas shopping on Friday--I just had to bring this Santa home to live with me--


I did do a bit of online shopping too--and I am in trouble--as soon as the yarn gets here -I will be knitting not one-but 3 stockings --Years ago I knit these--

The first 2 I knitted many years ago--like 40 some--the one on the right is newer only about 10 years ago--as Dawn lost her's in a truck accident where someone stole all her things--  Well--now I have the new daughter in law and realized she needs one--(oh my daughter has these 3 older ones in Illinois!!)
So I decided to make her one--and then I decided I should make all three of them new ones--So I will be doing a lot of knitting once the yarn comes in--JoAnn's had a really nice sale on yarn!!!
And Yes I did order some Christmas gifts!!!

ARE YOU WORKING ON A 'TO DO' LIST FOR THE HOLIDAYS??
JUST REMEMBER TO TAKE TIME AND JUST RELAX SOME TOO--
HUGS, DI





6 comments:

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Do you like gold or silver trims for Christmas??

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

The IKEA elves are cute! And you are a little Santa's helper too! Enjoy your projects...I know they will all be beautiful!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

You have been busy, Di. I just adore the embroidery blocks tinted using colored pencils. I am going to have to try them. Thank you so much for adding my little doodles to your stitching list. You gingerbread appliques are precious and love the sweet Sunbonnet Sues. Now I want to work on some applique . Enjoy decorating your tree. Hmmm as for your question sometimes I add both. I usually use silver trim for my snowman tree. Happy Decorating. Hugs.

Kate said...

You are way ahead of me on the Christmas decor. It's on my too do list today to find our smaller tree. Grad Girl will meet us at Granma's to celebrate Christmas, so I don't have my help to put up the big tree. You've done a lot of prep work, so will have lots of fun stuff to stitch this week. Happy stitching!

Deb A said...

Looks like you have been busy to me! I still need to decorate for Christmas but the tree is up and decorated.

Maria said...

Lots of lovely Christmas things you’re working on. Just not feeling Christmas this year.