document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Sunday, January 21, 2024

I DON' T BELIEVE--THAT I--

 Really live in Florida and mid state even?????  Where oh where has the daily sunshine gone?? And the nice hot temps--I would even settle for some nice warm temps--but 40-50 degrees during the day--and we won't talk about at night!!!  so far though--no snow or ice so guess I can be grateful for that!!!!

I kept really busy all week--stitching and sewing and stitching and sewing--yet--it doesn't seem I have alot of photos to show for all that 'needle' work--

Maybe this is "why" it's so cold here--been working on alot of snowpeople this past week!!!

This counted cross stitch is 'hot' off the press--now to decide how to finish it??

And in embroidery--I had that embroidery needle just a flyin on Melisa's Snowmen series--
here is my version of block #11
Decided I needed a Lady snowmen block in this quilt--so I made mine look more like a ladies hat with feathers on it--(Melisa's head  had a man smoking a corncob pipe--he was cute--but I just felt mine needed a lady!!!!hope that is ok --Melisa??)

And here is block #12--

I had also decided that --even though orange is not one of my favorite colors--I would put a bit more  orange in the last 3 blocks--not, just orange noses--and I did leave off the words--ice skates on this one--not sure why--just did--I worked really hard the last 3 days to get this last block done--so now all 12 blocks are done!!

I did get this UFO to the finish stage--up to the hand quilting phrase--It was the #6 challenge project--

We went from 12 monthly blocks to this--


It is now ready to be pressed and basted--for hand quilting when it's time comes up on the hand quilting list---

This is the hand quilting project I am working on now--


I have 6 blocks hand quilted--but lots of work even after the blocks themselves are done--and I did time myself on the blocks--it's at least 2 hour's of stitching per block!!



And I got these 2 finished cross stitches--done up into small pillows for displaying--I have had problems with my smalls standing up in displays--so I added a couple small round glass stones to the bottoms of these--it's better--but I am still on the look out for something for weight on the bottoms!!

All my yarn from Hobbi came in this week--That is Hobbi-in Denmark--but I really goofed and order the wrong weight--it is an 8/4 and come to find out it is really a fingering yarn--I needed to order 8/8 for a DK weight--so now I have all these beautiful bright colors and I am not sure what do with it--been playing a bit with it--but am not happy with what I have done so far--soooo?????????????

Oh and I did bake a batch of Blueberry Muffins this week--that's been a nice treat!!

Our pattern for the Crabapple stitch along came in this week--got the threads gathered up--just need to trace the pattern onto cloth--it's all hearts this year--again I will be doing mine all on one piece of fabric for a wall hanging--


 

Yep all the squares are hearts this year--!!  This will be my 6th year doing this stitch along--

And I have one more embroidery block to do for Jan and then all my Jan projects list will be done--so we are working at the count down!!!!

I SO HOPE EVERYONE IS KEEPING WARM AND SAFE AND STAYING HOME AND JUST STITCHING AND DRINKING TEA AND EATING HOMEMADE COOKIES!!!!

HUGS, DI




5 comments:

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Growing up what was your favorite winter sport??
mine was toboggin down the big hill behind out house!!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

It's been cold and windy here today but tomorrow is supposed to be nicer. Thanks for the beautiful birthday card! Sweet hugs, Diane

Maria said...

Lots of snowmen ⛄️ to work on in the cold weather.
Lovely finish for your No#6 challenge.
Could you use the threads double???
Sweet wee cross stitch cushions.

Kate said...

Sorry you've had the Florida version of cold, it's not fun anyplace when it drops below what we are used too. Love all your stitchery projects. Your needle has been really busy the last week. Stay warm! Happy stitching.

Deb A said...

When I was little, I love sliding down the hill but hated to be the first person down with all the snow flying up into your face. There was snow plow piles at the little store at the top of the street and we were the 3rd house down the street/hill. It was fun to see if we could get to our back yard. When I was older - I loved snow shoeing in the woods. You have done a great job on all your stitching this week. Love seeing the hand quilting on the snowmen. Enjoy your week - warmer and sunny.... did you pull out some spring flowers to stitch on for the change in weather??? ;)