document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Sunday, January 28, 2024

I REALLY WAS BUSY --

 This past week--but when I went to download the photos for the week--

Well--there doesn't seem to be alot of them ---hummm????

I have wanted to do these '12' ornament designs in wools for awhile now--



so decided this year I would do one design each month and the above snow people are for January--and I will probably do 2 of each design--one for me and one for a gift--as I am not sure how I want to finish them--I am just appliqueing them to a 4 1/2" square for now!!--and those pockets on the Jackets are very tiny!!!  I have a nice tote of wools--so am good to go!!!

And I did get Melisa's Januarys heart block embordered--

It took me a while--3 weeks-- to decide how I wanted to stitch these monthly hearts--  I have decided I needed to do a project using my Wildflower embroider threads--so will pick 2 shades of a color for each months stitching--plus white and maybe black!!  and I have not decided if I will leave it on the white background or if I will cut around this heart and applique it to a colored fabric--hummm????

And I did get #3 of the Gingerbread sal from Melisa done--


And this morning I got #4 traced off--!!

I did get this counted cross stitchery all finished off--


I got a couple yards of the white trim a while ago--and finally took the time to use some--really like how it came out--but--yesterday I packed up all my snowmen and put them back in their tote bag and they are back up on the shelf--

Now to decorate for Valentines day this week---

I also did get all '12' blocks of the Frosty quilt--hand quilted--


Now to decide how to finish the lattice and borders on this quilt--??

I also did sew a baby quilt top--but forgot to do a photo--and I still need borders--maybe--we will see this week as I continue to work on it--it will go to the local hospital here--

I have 2 baby sweaters on knitting needles and a crochet blanket on a crochet hook that I work on at least one project every day--oh--and a knitted shawl--that last night got pretty much--UNKNITTED last night and restarted--what can I say--nothing better to do--I was bored--or maybe I had made a big mistake half way down and thought I could live with it--so kept  knitting--but then ----!!!!!

And yesterday I did a big project--


On Thursday my friend, Cheryl and I went to Home Depot for 'dirt' and plant pots--I got all excited when I seen this years plant pots colors--Flamingo Pink, Aqua, and Blue (they had white also--but?) So I bought 3 medium pots at $2 each and 4 larger ones for $3 each--a bag of soil and 3 viola plants--!  

I played in the dirt yesterday and all my plants got new pots and new dirt--!!! And in the process they made a big mess in my kitchen--that I had to clean up--later I came in and moved this plant stand to vacuum under it--and put the  plants back on it--and then moved the big rack I have my displays on and vacuumed under it--moved the Christmas tree--with just the lights on it--to the corner by the ac and at the other end of display rack--and now I have room for a chair at the end of the rack--and can still have the lights on the tree in the evening--eventually the tree will probably go down in my storage--when it doesn't get so dark so early and we quite having dark dreary days here in Florida!!!!!!

WELL--ITS NEARLY THE END OF JANUARY--DO YOU HAVE ALL YOU THINGS ON JANUARY'S TO DO LIST DONE??????????????

HUGS, DI



 

3 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your January heart is really pretty in the blue and white, Di! Perfect for January. I love your gingerbread block, too. I got started on the very first one of those blocks, but need to finish it. Your plant corner looks fresh and green - a welcome sight for us cold weather people!

Maria said...

Beautiful work on your blocks.
Lovely corner with your plants on show.

Kate said...

You have so many fun projects in the works. Those wool snowmen are really cute. Hopefully you are getting some sun this week and warmer temps. Happy stitching this week.