document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Sunday, February 4, 2024

HEARTS AND THEN MORE HEARTS--



 I guess you could call me the heart girl as I seem to have been doing my share of heart projects the past couple years--

And this month is full of hearts--everywhere--

This is this year's Crabapple embroidery for the month of February--we get a heart to do each day during the month-- I will be doing heart #4 later today--

And this is this month's square on the Woven Wreath monthly stitch along with Kathy S.

I am so glad I decided to do mine in colors for each square--do like how this one came out--But now the first one looks washed out--


So--I may have to redo a bit of this one--time will tell???

And this is the latest counted cross stitching piece I did this past week--


This piece is one of Melisa's designs and did have a couple blue birds on it-but I just wanted it more plain and simple for Valentines Day--now to decide how to finish it???

And--

Yep--

And-- I started a new heart quilt on my own--


I am just appliqueing only pink hearts on 4" strips now--we will see where I am headed with this one of these days?????

And my heart loves all babies--and for a long time now I have wanted to make Baby quilts--but you know how it is--sometimes it just takes along time to finally do a project--but I have started off the new year with my first baby quilt--


Got this cute fat quarter bundle on sale the first of January from Missouri quilts--and it is all ready to give to a baby--our local quilt chapter is collecting them for our local hospital--I have gotten some more prints for future baby blankets too!!!!

And talking about--love-- I do love my new straight pins--

I guess they are designed to be able to iron over and not melt--but I love them cause I can pick them up easier and use them easier with these 'old' fingers of mine!!!

And here is a sweater knitted with some yarn from my 'mistake' on the size yarn I needed--


now to wash the sweater and see how it comes out--Hobbii company is in Demark and I can get an order from them in a week to 8 days--and it takes 2 weeks for an order from Missouri Quilts--Crazy???

 

Well the first NASCAR race was suppose to be today--but it was at a track in LA, CA--and because of that bad storm system hitting there today--the Pineapple Express-they did the race last night-no concerts and very few people in the grandstands--but the first race for 2024 is done--it was a non-points race!! I just hope that coast comes out with very little damage today!!!

********************

Non stitching news--Here is some Drama for you--on Friday everyone got a letter on their doors that they want to raise the food price daily for here--we now pay $5 a day and it is mandatory--whether you eat it or not--probably less than half of the tenants go down and get lunch--there is 167 apartments in this Senior building--well--they want to raise the price to $7 a day--that's an extra $60 each month out of every ones already tight budget--now I realize it may need to go up some--after all everything else has gone up--but the letter doesn't stop there--they want to raise it to $9 a day in 2025 and to $15 dollars a day by 2028---WHAT---??????????  of course this has not been approved by the top organization yet--so we will see what happens--so I now live with a whole bunch of very unhappy, scared, neighbors!!!

I AM SO GLAD I QUILT AND KNIT AND HAVE YOU OTHER BLOGGERS TO READ AND THINK ABOUT-OK AND NASCAR--SO LET'S KEEP THOSE NEEDLES AND DESIGNS FLYIN--AND KEEP SMILING--

HUGS AND BLESSINGS, DIANE  





5 comments:

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Have you started any new 'heart' projects this year???

Deb A said...

Lots of pretty hearts, just perfect for the month of February. I hope to start Melissa's heart embroidery sometime this month. I think she plans to have 12 this year. We just had a crazy t-storm roll through. I really hope the storm over in CA is not bad. They have been through so much already the last year.

Kate said...

All your heart projects are really cute. Maybe they can be convinced to offer lunch on a subscription basis so not everyone has to pay for it. Not a fun letter to find on your door. Happy stitching this week.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love your heart projects! I haven't started the Crabapple Hill one, but still thinking about it before it gets too far into the month. Your February Woven Wreaths with color is beautiful, too! I'm sorry about the price increase for meals you don't eat - that sounds frustrating.

Maria said...

You are the Heart Lady as you work on sew many lovely ones.
pretty cardigan and baby quilt. Nice easy pattern.
Oh I do hope your daily food bill doesn't go up too high.