document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Sunday, February 11, 2024

WHAT DID I DO THIS WEEK--

 I had to sit here and really think about what I did get done or worked on this past week--

luckily I did take some photos mid week so had that- to fall back on and then some for end of the week!!!


This is this months block from Jenny--And home is where my heart is--( as long as I have my dark chocolate in stock--I am good to go) even if it is a tiny apartment--it's mine to do as  I want when I want inside--I can sew all day and not have anyone interfere--well--most of the time--there was alot of phone calls this week between me and a couple other tenants over what action we are taking about our 'lunch room' problem--so that did take away alittle of stitching time--

But I got the house done and I finished Block #4 of the Gingerbread Blocks by Melisa--

this was a cute block again to color in and embroider--
and here is all 4 of the blocks--
I think-- I like the first one best--cause I did the shading and coloring the best on that one!!!  They are in 'time out' with the Christmas fabrics for now!!

And here is where I am on the little heart a day from Crabapple hill-
I am proud of that fly stitch heart here mid way down on the left!!!!Some I did change a bit different--you know me--I am wild child!!!!

And here is where I am on the Pumps and Petals wool block of the month--


And I am working on stitching a new tote bag--so that will give you something to look forward next week--if things calm down here some!!!!

Late afternoons is when I work on the embroidery/applique projects till around 8pm--then I hand quilt for an hour or so--)still working on the Frosty quilt for now ) then I work on knitting--



I rotate the projects--one night I work on the purple Hobbii yarn baby sweater--the next night I work on the regular baby sweater and on the third night I knit on--


a shawl--this is using some expensive wool blend yarn I got in NY when I was there last!!

My daughter often sends me Publix gift card--cause that is our favorite grocery store--though they do not have Publix where she lives now in Illinois--and the gift cards always have some kind of photo on them--I recognized this one --I had seen the goodies in the bakery department --so when I went on Saturday to get some groceries I picked up a 'real' one--


 What can I say--the red strawberry with the red glaze was good--and it wasn't chocolate--sooo!!! But it was fun buying it and doing the photo!!!

***********************

I do hope things calm down here this next week--but here is where we are at--some of us have written letters and sent them straight to the top--I was one of them --and I corrected a lot of 'so' called--facts and figures-- that were stated in the letter we got--they say they are feeding 170 resident (that is how many live here) and it costs them $7.12 a plate to do it--and they are only getting the $5 a plate--a group has been doing a daily count of all lunches picked up in  the dinning room--and the high was 85--one day--the rest of the week has been less than 45!!!  So they are getting $10-$15 a day per plate to feed us!!!!  I also did a comparison chart of what we got in the first 6 months I lived here and ate in the dinning room--or you could do a pick up--and what we get now--more that 50% of the food and services  have been discontinued--Plus we had a staff of 6-8 everyday--now we don't even have but 2 -4 each day with the average of 3!!!! And they turned in that they are paying for 5 full time employee's!!  We have all known there was some big issues in the food service company--but what to do about it--so we are hoping that now some changes will be made--ha! Ha!  more than likely the change will come out of our pockets!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Also many of us are applying to other Senior housing in the area--but there is a 3 year wait list at those places so it's no immediate answer--! 

ANY PLANS FOR VALENTINES DAY???  BE GOOD TO YOURSELF THAT DAY--GO GET AN ICE CREAM OR A FANCY COFFEE AT LEAST--AND BE GRATEFUL FOR THOSE YOU LOVE AND THOSE WHO LOVE YOU--

STITCHY HUGS SPRINKLED WITH SOME CHOCOLATE, DIANE




6 comments:

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Do you bake anything special for Valentines day??

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I think I will bake some heart shaped cookies with pink frosting - yum! But meanwhile, sending you a chocolately hug for what you're dealing with in the dining room. Good for your group - figuring out the facts and writing to the management about them. I love that Crabapple Hill project! I've never gotten started on it, but might just do that this afternoon!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Happy Sunday, Di. I do not believe I will do any baking this Valentine's Day, but I am sure I will have some sweets to eat. You have been very busy. I hope all gets worked out with the dining. Your gingerbread blocks are beautiful. I fell behind on mine and have been working on Roll and Bake today. Love your Crabapple Hill project-so much cuteness. Have a wonderful evening. Happy stitching. Hugs.

Kim @ Purring Cottage said...

Fun projects! As I was reading your blog and came to the cartoon at the end, I looked over my shoulder at the two cats on my "master" bed, impeding my ability to make the bed this morning. They rule the roost. :)

Deb A said...

I agree with Kim - the cats are the masters of the bedroom. The dog owns the rest of the house! Sorry you are dealing with those issues but good to bring some facts to their attention. I hope it can be resolved for the good of the residents. No special plans here, I did get the kids each some of their favorite chocolate (oops, forgot hubby!). That Publix desert looks yummy!

Kate said...

Your Gingerbread Guys are really cute. Fingers crossed you can get some action on the food service issue. When I was working, the company had big problems with our food company that ran the cafeteria when one of the long term chefs retired. It went from marginal to horrid. Most of it was inedible and just nasty. They finally hired a local restaurant to cater the cafeteria, it was a great improvement, but the costs did go up.