document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Sunday, January 14, 2024

WHAT TIME IS IT???

 


It's just 6 pm and it is dark outside --and I am a bit late this Sunday doing my post--we will blame it on the 'needle' it did not want me to put it down!!!  And here is another Fox for you this week!!!!

Here is my other counted stitching for January--


the first half of this series is probably 10 years old or so--the second half only 6 years old--and the series above is about 6-7 years old--oh my how fast time fly's !!!!

This week some time was spent on cleaning and putting away--first the fabric shelves were put back in order--then the other side of my closet with the totes of yarn, wool, and accessories!! all looks nice and neat in the closet--now--but for how long?????

And today I put a new blade in the rotary cutter--and cleaned the sewing machine--all lint is gone--and put in a new needle--you would think I was getting ready to do some actual sewing again--instead of stitching blocks????

And I got me some of the new pins everyone else has gotten --

And they are in the pin cushion all ready to do their new job!!

Got 2 more Snowmen blocks embroidered--

the sleighing one is all done-

and so is the next one--

Snow for sale--decided the last '3' will have a bit more  'orange'  on them-not sure why???  as orange is not really my color!!!!
And I have #11 block all traced and colored--though mine will be a bit different from Melisa's but I will make you all wait till next week to see it!!!!!

And I did get the 3rd gingerbread block traced and colored in-it's all ready for stitching--

And here is where I am on the Pumps and Petals--
I just need to use the purple, for bullion stitches at the ends of the green stems--sew the buckle on and add the little yellow glass beads to the centers of the flowers and this one will be all done--My shoe is facing the opposite direction as the pattern--I do not do iron on transfer stuff--so the patterns are always backwards for me--I did have bit of a problem with this one-in the placing of the pieces though--so need to find a better way to transfer them!!

And I bagged up the 10 projects for this challenge--

And put them in this big tote bag--

So I don't have to go hunting up each one as it's number is drawn!!

Now I do have a couple finishes--
first I am planning to do a tea towel by combining '2' projects--one is Jenny's towel of the month saying and the other is the color challenge--this months color is green and here is the towel I designed for them both--
The hexies are leftover 2 1/2" squares from another project a couple years ago--

And I got my Sisters quilt all hand quilted and the binding on it--

And now I am hand quilting on the Frosty quilt from Melisa's challenge in 2022--



And here is some of my Snowmen displays--


And --yes --the tree is still here--it has been so dark and dreary here--that it helps add a bit of cheer and lights --I have never seen so many grey--dark days as I have in the last 6 weeks here in Florida--why???
It's even raining now--this is not global warming --people!!!!

Ohhhh--and the lost has been found--

I found all '12' of these designs hiding in the box with the Christmas hearts I did !!!!

HERE'S TO A NEW WEEK OF STITCHING AND DREAMING--AND KEEP WATCH-THOSE SQUIRRELS ARE EVERYWHERE--I HAVE SEEN A COUPLE FLYING AROUND HERE--WHILE I WAS CLEANING----
HUGS, DI




5 comments:

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Did a squirrel find you since the new year???

Deb A said...

You have been busy! Love the snowmen.... even the ones making snow angels!

Maria said...

How do you find time to organise your cupboard and still work on so many lovely projects?

Kate said...

Your snowmen blocks turned out really cute. You've got some fun stitching stuff going on. Organization seems to be a common theme this January, I need to start on my project for the fabric closet. Sorry it's grey, at least you haevn't gotten the really cold stuff that seems to have settled everywhere else.

Julierose said...

Hi Di;))))
What lovely projects you have in progress!! I especially love your January Fox--just so darling;)))
We are at 21 degrees here this morning--but at least it's sunny instead of our usual gray skies...hugs, Julierose