document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Sunday, January 7, 2024

ROCKIN AND ROLLIN---

 Well--I have been super busy since the new year began--On New Year's Day--I managed to serve my son and daughter in law a nice New Year's dinner using just my small counter top oven and 2 burners!!  We had the traditional Southerner dinner for the new year --Black eyed peas, cornbread, spinach, along with chicken tenders and potatoes--and then we got to do Presents--

I did get their stockings done and filled--

My son (and the daughter in law) are very much into Star Wars and music--but Sarah loves Flamingos and I just happen to have gotten a package of Flamingo buttons a while ago-so they went on her stocking she just loved them--and it's hard to see here--but they have black sunglasses on them--which makes them even cuter!!!!

They get me a stocking each year--this is this years-
Mine had bags of candy in it!!!!

I mainly got money and gift cards from all 3 kids--but I like that--then I can get what I need or want all by myself!!!! ( some nice colors  of wool just might be coming my way)--  I did get one cute ornament from my daughter that I had to laugh at--its a flat ornament of a 'squirrel' and says Merry Christmas--but with all the 'squirrel' talk this past year online--it did make me laugh--- finally yesterday I was able to pack away Christmas for another year--so far the big new tree is still up with just the clear lights on it--it has been sooo dark and dreary here in Florida that I need some brightness!!!!  And I kept out the silver tree--have plans for it --!!!!

Ok now on to stitching news-
OH my--talking about squirrels---this first week of January has me buried in them---
For SAL's and BOM's for 2024--I have the following I am doing--

1. Melisa's new Heart block of month--A year of Hearts-



I am  waiting for fabric to start these!!


2. Jenny's new BOM--
     
These are small--so don't take too long--haven't decided on the fabric strips for going around them yet??

3. Jenny is also giving us a design for a tea towel each month--have decided to do some of those and just ordered a couple towels--these will be gifts--

4.The embroidery BOM from Kathy Schmitz--
I  have gotten January's block done--now Kathy is using only one color of thread through all the designs-( I have used 2 colors in this first block ) but this morning for some reason--I have decided I want more color in mine--so plan to order some, about 6-7 more colors to add to the blocks--you know me and color--these will be light colors in pinks, greens, browns etc!!!!!

5. and a new series from Calico Patch called Pumps and Petals--it's being designed from an old quilt her Grandmother made--




It is done in wools--and there is a Kit for each month--which I just ordered--it's very reasonable at only $19.95-and it includes the background, wool for design and any special buttons or beads or such!!( also includes shipping in that price!!)

And just today I seen a crochet along that I feel in love with the colors--from attic24--but they are out of the kit right now--crochet has not been "my thing" --I would rather knit--but did promise myself I would do a couple different types of crafts this year--soooo???????????

Now don't forget I am still working on Melisa's Gingerbread blocks--I just got the 2nd one stitched--


so am all caught up on these--2 are done and I believe we will have 2 more to do--

And then there is the Snowmen series that we started in 2023 that is not done yet--  I am working on this block--


And I have the next block all prepared and colored in to stitch--

I am also nearly done with the hand quilting on the Sisters quilt--

and here is my first baby sweater of 2024 finished--

And today I did decorate with my snowmen--but--me, forgot to take photos--so you will have to wait until later to see that!!!  Oh and I just remembered I did finish the mice trimming the tree in counted cross stitching and forgot to photo that--silly me!!!

OK--IT'S WAY PAST MY DAILY DISH OF CALCUIM (--ICE CREAM--)SO GOTTA GO--
HAVE A GREAT WEEK--AND WATCH THOSE SQUIRRELS THIS TIME OF THE YEAR THEY ARE EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HUGS, DI



3 comments:

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

What new bom or sal's are you doing this year???

Maria said...

I have joined in with Laundry Baskets Block a Week. Just small 6 1/2" blocks...
Sounds like a lovely evening with your family, enjoying a nice meal and swapping gifts.
Lots of nice blocks you are working on and a sweet cardigan you finished..

Kate said...

Oh you have some very fun new projects to go with your very cute older projects. Hope you have a very productive 2024!