document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Sunday, April 28, 2024

A VERY LOST WEEK--

 My main friend this week has been a box several boxes of Kleenex and bags of cough drops!!

So much fun here at Ivy Cottage--?????  Good thing I happened to have stocked up a bit on the last sale of Scotties at Publix and that I like different flavored Ricola cough drops--especially their new one--Berry Medley--!!

No- not a cold or even Covid--it is allergies--big time--started last Saturday--and am still having some issues today--though I may be getting better as of today!!  But allergies can feel the same as a bad cold!! and even worse--!!  I am one of those, who, though can not take over the counter drugs--so I suffer--I did finally check on Vita-cost company where I get my vitamins and other things, and did find some things that are to help allergies (with no side affects--at least until I take them!!)and I have ordered them--only they probably won't be here until Wed or so--but in the meantime I will be ready for the next time!!!

So to make a long story---- short---- I have not gotten much of anything done this past week--

I did get this months Heart bom embroidered--


And here is the 4 we have done so far this year--


I haven't been doing the dash lines going around the outside of the heart as I was thinking I might cut these out and applique them to a colored background--but then I seen some finished with the dash line--and I really liked them--Soooo????

More hearts appliqued--


And work on a new cross stitch project--


But only on days that my 'eyes' would let me see!!!

Plus-- more Hand quilting on the Library quilt--

I have rows 2, 3 all done and just some red books left to do on row 4--so this one is coming along!!

Knitting seem to be the main thing I could do this past week--so finished '2' of them-

This one in the original Hobby Lobby yarn I use--

And this one out of the lighter weight Hobbii yarn I ordered by mistake!!

And yes--there is '2' more on the needles to replace these two!!!

I was unable to do my actual 'photo' challenge this week--but one afternoon while in the kitchen doing the dishes --I thought about my 'spoon' collection--

Now I use these spoons all the time--but here they are--


The large spoon on the top with the slots--I have had for a very long time and use it a lot--

the next one down--the smallest one--have no idea where it came from--but again--have had it along time--and use it--

the next two are regular teaspoons--but--special ones--


The top one says--Kodak--again I've had it for years--at one point my 'lil' sister said it might be worth money--but--I have no idea really--

the next one might be worth something too--on back of it's handle it says--stainless Korea--Barclay then that symbol and Ceneve 

and the last one on the tray--is a long ice tea spoon and again old--but it makes the best spoon for mixing up the oil in my almond butter and my organic Peanut butter jars!!!

While talking about silverware--


I had 3 pieces to each of these sets--for what ever reason the spoons are missing--one set on the left has my son's name on it and the set on the right has my daughter's name and birthday on it!!!

Well it's Sunday afternoon and you what time it is for me--slow stitching or knitting and race time!!

APRIL IS ABOUT OVER--DID YOU MEET ALL YOUR GOALS FOR THIS MONTH??  

HUGS AND GOOD HEALTH--DI





7 comments:

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

What is your favorite cough drop flavor??

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I sure have allergies now too. I like the citrus flavors in sugar free. My eyes are a mess and one ear is bothering me too. I still hate to stay inside though. LOVE the bird feeding babies heart!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Good afternoon, Di. I am so sorry to hear that allergies have got you feeling poorly. It is such a terrible time of the year for those who suffer. I hope you feel better very soon. It is such a delight to see your new mini sampler in progress and your embroidery looks amazing. Thank you again for always being so supportive. Hmmm - my favorite cough drop. Well I have always loved cherry since childhood, but for effectiveness for me- Smith Brothers honey lemon cough drops seemed to do the job. Hugs and blessings.

Kate said...

Allergies run wild are just miserable. Fingers crossed you've continued to improve this week. Your spoons are very cool. One of the things I like about the photo challenge is that it helps you look at every day things in a new light. Hope you can get in more stitching time this week.

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Thank goodness for crafts to keep us busy when we might be down and out. Hope the allergies improve. I have issues with my eyes watering a lot and sometimes my nose, plus a feeling of constantly having mucous at the back of my throat so I really need to see a ENT to find out what's going on. I love anything with hearts. And that library quilt is adorable. All great projects. Take care.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

So sorry about this horrible allergy business. I have a friend who suffers all the time with one thing or another. She finds what works for a while will then stop and she has to search out something else.
Lovely stitching...hearts, embroidery and cross stitched beehive. Neat! Beautiful library quilt too. You do keep busy!
Also I enjoyed reading that neat info about your spoons.

Deb A said...

Sorry the allergies are bothering you. Emily is miserable as well with them but is starting to feel better now. I guess it is horrible this year with allergies. Love the library quilt. As for the cough drops- I like the berry ones but can do most anything but the black licorice ones... if they even make those still? Hope the allergies are easing up.