document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Sunday, May 5, 2024

MAY-MY FAVORITE MONTH



 And why is May my favorite--for a couple reasons--it meant when I lived up north--that spring was officially here and the robins would be back with all the other birds and flowers would be blooming--lots and lots of flowers--of all kinds--



And it's someone's birthday month--like tomorrow, even!!  Now I know alot of folks don't even celebrate the fact that they are a whole year smarter, and wiser--but I love celebrating mine--even if I have to celebrate it by myself--which has happened a few times---this year I celebrate the old age of '76'!!!


I would love to say that I am all 'better' and back to normal--but that is not the case--I am some better, believe me so I am grateful for that--I did not tell you how bad I really was the week before last--I had one day with no voice at all the rest of the week--I had a 'frog' voice--!!!!  And nights I spent having 'seizures' of not being able to catch my breath--about 6 years ago when I went to my brothers over near Tampa the first of March and got so ill from the Oak pollen I had the same issue so he brought me back to this coast and ever since I have had an inhaler in the medicine cabinet--but  had never used one--til last week--it got so bad I had to try using one--two nights--but couldn't take how it made my head feel most of the next day--I lived with a cough drop in my mouth all night long--that part is better and I now have a new inhaler--but so far haven't need it or a cough drop in my mouth all night--but I am still suffering from head stuffiness and tiredness!!  so not alot has gotten done in the sewing area--

Our Chookshed challenge is # 5 this month--and that one,I have listed as--Christmas embroideries --
and this is what I found in that box--
the two gingerbread blocks I did late last Dec--

These 5 blocks I did a couple three years ago--



These 2 embroideries I have not done any finishing on--


These two blocks--(thought there was 3)--but only have 2 in the box--and the hat one was not done--so did get it embroidered this week--

But probably what I meant for #5 was these--


These designs where embroidered last fall and are from our friend Melisa--

So----which ones will get finished in May--only time and energy will tell?????

Also this past week I did get a couple things worked on--


I did these 2 --'9' patches by hand stitching them for this project--

Last months Chook challenge of the Dresden plates--but--I am just not sure I like them with the plates???  And I had  hoped to have these plates into a top--but the challenge says we just have to make some progress on the challenge and I did do that--so????

Another little sweater got finished in knitting too--

And another counted cross stitching sampler --the stitching was finished on it--

And yes another sampler has been started!!!!!

It has been difficult  for me to sew or even cut out fabric--cause it sets me to sneezing from the fabric lint and dust--so mostly am just doing embroidery and knitting!!!

********************

Have things settled down here--No--but not even going to go there--doesn't do any good anyways--I've decided the management lays awake at night thinking up things to change around here just to upset us--really!!!

*******************

I did make it on the Monday morning Van to the big Publix grocery store and got some good food to eat and then yesterday another tenant and I went on the bus to the small Publix--I needed to return a bag of frozen fish sticks that were not 'fit' to eat at $6.79 and they did give me my money back--well any ways that bus ride was an adventure--the bus was already fairly full when Carolyn and I and another tenant in a wheel chair got on the bus and we did 3 more stops before the plaza and we loaded 3-4 more people on at each stop--we had one very full bus by the time we got there--but we make it--coming back there was only about 6 of us on it!!!!!  I took my new shopping cart to try it out--it held 4 gallons of water nicely and worked great--only --I felt like a little girl pushing a doll stroller--was the funniest feeling!!!!

ANY SPECIAL PLANS FOR MAY--SEWING OR TRAVELS???
HUGS, DI




5 comments:

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

What is your favorite flavor of cake??? Mine of course is chocolate or a good lemon cake!!!

Arish said...

Pues aun con todos tus problemas de tos veo que trabajas muchísimo. Cuídate y BESICOS.

Kim said...

A very Happy, Happy Birthday to you! Chocolate frosted chocolate cake is always a winner here to celebrate a birthday. I hope you are feeling better for your birthday. I imagine there is a lot of fun in that bus of yours. You certainly have a lot of pretties there to sew.

Maria said...

Do hope you’re feeling a lot better . Enjoy your birthday 🎂 and I hope you have someone to help you celebrate it. 🥂🍾
You did well working on some of your projects even though you weren’t well.
I agree , the nine patches don’t look great with the plates…
Another sweet cardigan and many stitcheries for you to choose from.

Kate said...

Happy Birthday!!! So sorry you've not been feeling well. Allergy stuffy head and congestion is absolutely no fun at all. Hope you get in more stitching stuff this week.