document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Sunday, April 7, 2024

SLEEPLESS IN THIS PLACE

 Oh my--it's been a rough week sleep wise--it does happen now and then to all of us, I am sure--but it has happened to me twice this week--first time was Thursday night into Friday morning and then again last night--wake at 3 am and that's it- toss and turn--the mind going 100miles an hour--and last night it was fun cause allergies also  kept me busy--using tissues and sneezing--all week they have been bad-

So --I did not get as much done this week--

Let's see what I did do--

First up --I did get this months Woven Wreath stitched up--

It was a bunny all dressed up--


And I did finish a counted cross stitch piece--

Now this one is suppose to have a squirrel there on the bottom--but the whole time I was stitching this piece that squirrel kept telling me--that those letters were not his color and towards the end he hinted that a Flamingo would like this color of  ABC's more--So he won and I did a Flamingo!!!!

And I have started another ABC for him--he hasn't decided if he likes the new color any better--it's a coral color????????????

And this month for this challenge--

And that one is my 30's plates--

I had 5 blocks done--and here is one and half more-and I have sorted blades for 3 more blocks or so--Have no idea yet where I am going with this one--I am just merrily stitching along!!!

And I did get baby sweaters knitted--
the first one was using Hobby Lobby cotton yarn-


 The second one is using Hobbii yarn, and on this one I used a double strand of yarn--

I have 2 more sweaters in the works--one using each kind of yarn--

And I finally got a start on the blue truck--while watching racing on the week ends--
If I get a quick nap in I will be working on this later today while watching the race--
but first I have to find my bed--I am going through my china cabinet dishes and cups and saucers and nick knacks to see what I want to use and I got a new under the bed tote for the 'leftovers'!!!!But in the meantime--everything is piled on the bed and cutting table!!

Yesterday it was clothss--I did get in a couple new pairs of capris and new T-shirts--then I pulled out my suitcase that I keep the seasonal clothes in and went though that and put the winter things away!!

I did get a fun package in the mail that I ordered--my new phone needed a case--here is the first one I got--and put on it--

this one came with the 'glass' for the front --too--sorry-- about the reflection and finger prints!!!!
And somehow--that Di didn't stop with just this one--
she found a set of '3' for only $8 and got them too--

these will look much prettier on the phone, as it is black!!

Also I found a couple fun things to play with--

I got one of the sets of photography cards and then this set that has cards that help you know just what to and how to set up your camera for all kinds of different photos--like fireworks at night--now--I just too get some sleep so I can read them!!!

Tuesday night Dan and  Sarah took me out to the Red Lobster to celebrate Easter--we had a good time catching up--their store is really hopping and they are busy --they are open 6 days a week and then are there on their day off--Tuesdays --they are there working to get ready for the coming week----!!

OH BOY--DO YOU THINK WINTER WILL EVER DECIDE IT IS TIME FOR IT'S LONG SUMMER NAP????
BE CAREFUL IF YOU VIEW THE SOLAR HAPPENING TOMORROW--YOU NEED THOSE EYES TO STITCH WITH!!
HUGS, DIANE





5 comments:

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Do you knit or crochet?? For others or yourself?

Kim said...

It's horrible when you wake up in the early hours of the morning and can't get back to sleep. The flamingo looks fabulous. Such a sweet cross stitch.

Maria said...

So annoying to have broken sleep.
The woven wreath is lovely.
Cute ABC stitchery with the flamingo 🦩.
Nice “ 30s” Dresden blades for your #9 challenge.
Some sweet cardigans too.

Kate said...

Sorry sleeping has been an issue. Hopefully this week has been much better on that front. The flamingo is really fun, it does go with the teal very nicely.

dq said...

Great dresdons, Di. I look forward to seeing your progress on them this month!
Love the cartoon!
The stitchery of the old truck with the quilt in the back is wonderful!!!