So--is everyone staying cool or warm--and are you working on those Christmas projects???
I have mostly been working on Christmas--but have done a bit on the block of the month projects too--
first I got the rest of the embroidery done on block #7 of the Country Heart blocks--
and I got a few more of the 'color' of the month jewels made up--in teals and aqua's--
And I did get this month's tiny house finished up--for Melisa--
now there is 7 tiny houses on the tree!!!
As for Christmas stitching--
Here is where I am on Mrs. Claus--
just a couple more reds to fill in this area--but still have the front of the dress to-- under the quilt on the front!!!
remember I first did them this way--all on 'one' piece of cloth--
then I cut that piece of cloth into squares and did a blanket stitch around each of the little squares--
And once these were stitched onto the green backgrounds--I gave them an outer border--
And of course there is always "one" who fails to follow the rules--
They have been recused and are not back into the correct framing--I still have one more block to do--as I only got 8 green squares out of the green fabric--but today I did 'decide' to piece 2 pieces of the green for the 9th block--!!!!
And I also--cut some 2" strips from my Christmas fabrics and then sewed 4 strips together--and then I took one of each of the sets of strips--in 6 different patterns and cut out my own shapes and cut backings in white and red snowflakes and appliqued the designs to them--
I have more of the strip sets--but here is where I am in the plan so far?????
It's been a fairly quiet last 5 days for me and I am having a really bad time with Vertigo--oh--my--in the middle of the afternoon last Friday I bent down to empty one of my de-humidifiers and my world went all wonky--felt I wasn't walking straight and had to hang on to walls and furniture and such--with some other reactions--so did not do much the rest of the day--it has been better since Saturday--but am still not doing alot--just basics and sitting and doing hand work --have to sew--to keep my sanity--I do have alot of problems with my ears and sinus--but never as bad as Friday's attack--!!!
ONLY 9 DAYS LEFT FOR CHRISTMAS IN JULY--HOW ARE YOUR PROJECTS COMING ALONG????? I THINK I WILL BE GLAD TO GET BACK TO OTHER PROJECTS IN AUGUST--THOUGH!!!!!! HAVE AN AWESOME REST OF THE MONTH--
HUGS, AND SUNNY THOUGHTS--DI

1 comment:
Your Christmas in July projects are really coming together so nicely, Di;))) I am still working on my "Littles" quilting projects...
sorry to hear about your vertigo --not fun at all!!
Hugs to feel better, Julierose
Post a Comment