document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Wednesday, July 22, 2026

WEDNESDAY--A GOOD DAY FOR A POST!!

So--is everyone staying cool or warm--and are you working on those Christmas projects???

I have mostly been working on Christmas--but have done a bit on the block of the month projects too--

first I got the rest of the embroidery done on block #7 of the Country Heart blocks--



and I got a few more of the 'color' of the month jewels made up--in teals and aqua's--



And I did get this month's tiny house finished up--for Melisa--



now there is 7 tiny houses on the tree!!!

As for Christmas stitching--

Here is where I am on Mrs. Claus--


just a couple more reds to fill in this area--but still have the front of the dress to-- under the quilt on the front!!!

And here is progress on this little project--


remember I first did them this way--all on 'one' piece of cloth--

then I cut that piece of cloth into squares and did a blanket stitch around each of the little squares--


And once these were stitched onto the green backgrounds--I gave them an outer border--


And of course there is always "one" who fails to follow the rules--


They have been recused and are not back into the correct framing--I still have one more block to do--as I only got 8 green squares out of the green fabric--but today I did 'decide' to piece 2 pieces of the green for the 9th block--!!!!

And I also--cut some 2" strips from my Christmas fabrics and then sewed 4 strips together--and then I took one of each of the sets of strips--in 6 different patterns and cut out my own shapes and cut backings in white and red snowflakes and appliqued the designs to them--


I have more of the strip sets--but here is where I am in the plan so far?????


It's been a fairly quiet last 5 days for me and I am having a really bad time with Vertigo--oh--my--in the middle of the afternoon last Friday I bent down to empty one of my de-humidifiers and my world went all wonky--felt I wasn't walking straight and had to hang on to walls and furniture and such--with some other reactions--so did not do much the rest of the day--it has been better since Saturday--but am still not doing alot--just basics and sitting and doing hand work --have to sew--to keep my sanity--I do have alot of problems with my ears and sinus--but never as bad as Friday's attack--!!!

ONLY 9 DAYS LEFT FOR CHRISTMAS IN JULY--HOW ARE YOUR PROJECTS COMING ALONG?????   I THINK I WILL BE GLAD TO GET BACK TO OTHER PROJECTS IN AUGUST--THOUGH!!!!!!  HAVE AN AWESOME REST OF THE MONTH--

HUGS, AND SUNNY THOUGHTS--DI



7 comments:

Julierose said...

Your Christmas in July projects are really coming together so nicely, Di;))) I am still working on my "Littles" quilting projects...
sorry to hear about your vertigo --not fun at all!!
Hugs to feel better, Julierose

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

So many fabulous projects in the works, Di. You are certainly staying busy. You are moving right along on Mrs. Claus. And I love your July Tiny House. Your Tiny Houses look so beautiful as little ornaments. Thank you for stitching along with me. Your posts always brighten my day. Hugs.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those tiny houses are just adorable! And such fun to hang them on the little tree, too. I hope the vertigo gets better - that is so hard to deal with.

Maria said...

Been catching up on blog reading today .
You've been very busy with your wee cross-stitched houses and Mama Claus is nearly done.
Love that box of gorgeous cardigans and hats you made to donate.
Just so many beautiful projects you always make.

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

I have been worried about you--are you ok??? Hope all is well with you and your family hugs, di

Kate said...

Hopefully you are feeling much better. Vertigo is no fun at all. But you still got a lot done. All your Christmas projects are really cute. Take care, stay cool.

Anonymous said...

Why is Quilting Gail’s first post so large?